Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tell me not to.  (Read 3255 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Tell me not to.
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:55 am »

I have this overwhelming urge to make one of my female Axe Lords wear nothing but these two artifacts into battle, along with her candy battleaxe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's the second one that really does it, what with the dwarf "striking a triumphant pose" on it and all...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:39:32 am by ledgekindred »
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me not to.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59:06 am »

Do it...
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Stoutpants

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    • View Profile
    • Drunk Fortress!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 02:28:50 am »

You have to wonder how they fit all that detailing on a thong. It's not like there is a whole lot of material to work with.
Follow my Drunk Fortress here!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:59:03 am »

Because a thong isnt what you think it is.
This is a blank sig.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 04:26:21 am »

Because a thong isnt what you think it is.
judging by past girlfriends a thong is

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:30 am »

Whereas in the middle ages it was a leather fastening device for neckwear or arm bracers. Still doenst answer why one can be so heavily decorated.
This is a blank sig.

Iaksones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 05:17:52 am »

Hearken! Will some brave photoshopper or virtuoso MS painter accept this challenge? Adorn a thong with Moldath Crevicebeaks and menacing spikes of mountain goat leather, etc

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 06:25:39 am »

Hearken! Will some brave photoshopper or virtuoso MS painter accept this challenge? Adorn a thong with Moldath Crevicebeaks and menacing spikes of mountain goat leather, etc

Yes! Then draw the thong on a hairy, burly, half-naked dwarven she-warrior!

Wait... no. Don't do that.
[Signature]

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »

Whereas in the middle ages it was a leather fastening device for neckwear or arm bracers. Still doenst answer why one can be so heavily decorated.
The idea of someone looking up "middle aged thong" amuses me.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 02:09:12 pm »

The idea of someone looking up "middle aged thong" amuses me.

Damn you i spilled my drink. :D

Yeah, you should do that. I'd do it but the only artifact clothes i have is a braies or something and i had to look up what it was because i thought it was a misspelled bra.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

"Smunstu, is .. is ... is that ... uh ... is she wearing .."

"Axmu, I think she is.  Oh.  Oh god my eyes."

(goblins run away)
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »

once,i had Urist MCex-expeditionleadersuperaxelordmilitiacommander to wear an adamantine mask with a dragon wich was related to fire and vulcanoes,and a adamantine chausse with describing him killing Urist MCmayorwhodemandsonehumpedcammeltoothitems.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 05:26:40 pm »

Whereas in the middle ages it was a leather fastening device for neckwear or arm bracers.

I know there is a school of thought that goes for this interpretation. I even understand why (the horror, the horror etc.). However, it should be noted that thongs are usually made/worn by elves. Enough said really.

If that's not enough to convince you dwarf-thong-skeptics out there, ledgekindred could give us a few combat report. If the mighty thong blocks blows to the lower body then well: horrible mental image confirmed.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

Thongs in DF are defined in the file item_pants, right between loincloths and skirts, belong to the ITEM_PANTS item type, are worn on the lower body, and are part of the 'UNDER' layer.  They're not shoes, arm braces, or neckware.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »

A DF thong is a modern day thong.  The raws confirm.  The entity file confirms also.  Dwarves would never want to wear something so revealing, they much prefer to cover their bodies in armor and thick cloth.  It's the delicate and stylish elves who flaunt their bodies.
Pages: [1] 2