Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

You think I can make a billion wealth?

YES!  Total faith!
No.  No way your coming Close.
You might make it to 100 million.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Okay. Insane challange..... Help?  (Read 1121 times)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Okay. Insane challange..... Help?
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:50:39 pm »

I'm going to try and make a fort meet 1 billion wealth. (Imported + Created + Exported)

For 3 reasons-

1. My fort is named Goldenhold.  I don't care what the game says it is called, to me it is goldenhold
2. This would place me as one of the closest people to winning DF
3. Because I feel like it.

So.  By the end of this I anticipate having sold all of the Rock on the map, having sold them all off.  So I'm going to have to start making obsidian factories that go 10 z levels high in order to make the Dwarves rooms out of Obsidian.

Also, how would I minimize lag?  I understand killing everything would be a good start.

How much more does obsidian sell for compared to normal?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:52:45 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay. Insane challange..... Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:54:52 pm »

Build statues around the entire map edge and dig a 3 tile road underground to the map edge. This should allow traders but not animals to spawn.(I think) Minimise lag by having only the amount of dwarves you need and butchering all animals the migrants bring with them.

Also are you casting the rooms out of obsidian or are you casting obsidian then digging it out and using the rocks for the room. If its the second you'll need to embark on a map with obsidian or else you wont be able to use it as a building material.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:56:21 pm »

Import platinum, make statues everywhere.  Decorate them with diamonds.  Carpet your hallways (and the entire surface) in 10x steel blade traps.  Try to get as many metal related moods as possible, and have tons of platinum handy.  Or Candystuff.  Create and sell obsidian goblets.

Oh, and prepared meals goes without saying, of course.

EDIT: There's a workaround for the obsidian bug.  Wiki "obsidian" to find the fixit.  Involves very small amounts of raw editing.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:57:55 pm »

Obsidian's value efficiency.

For instance, would it be better for me to simply import gold, or make an obsidian factory?

What about lavish meals v.s. normal prepared?  worth it?  I'm using 40 hens and 3 roosters for the food supply so I can have as many people crafting as possible.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:44 pm »

Cave crocodiles breed like wildfire and are somewhat valuable.  Just catching them is the thing.

Wiki "Value" for a rundown of every vanilla item and craft value and the math involved in calculating value.  Keep in mind that a diamond decoration costs the same on anything.  A sock and a statue both get the same worth boost off the same decoration.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »

Okay.

Should I shut myself off from the outside?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:08:49 pm »

Goblinite is a valuable and renewable resource.  A danger room of 4-5 steel dwarves should suffice for protection.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 11:32:06 pm »

Okay. 

Is cotton candy worth it?  I know it is really expensive, but would it be better to just work my way down the map?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:27 pm »

It has a value multiplier of 300 and can't be bought. Masterwork adamantine serrated discs are ridiculously valuable, and artifacts even more so.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 11:36:10 pm »

Okay.  I'm going straight to it then.  What about statues?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »

Statues have a base value of 25. Mechanisms are 30. Robes are 33, battle axes 34. Spiked balls, menacing spikes and enormous corkscrews are 66, and serrated discs and giant axe blades are 126. And those are the most valuable items in the game that can be made of adamantine. Maxterworks are 12x value, so a masterful adamantine serrated disc would work out to 453,600☼.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 11:49:27 pm »

Serated discs then!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:57:46 pm by RabidAnubis »

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 11:57:59 pm »

Also, what is the maximum wealth reached in a non modded game?

The point of this is to beat it.

Found cotton candy at level 52 in a cave!  YES!

Bottom is at level -21.

That's going to be a lot.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:59:41 pm by RabidAnubis »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:22 am »

Some people have been getting values so high that they exceed the memory allocated for tracking it and the display breaks.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: [1] 2