Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76

Author Topic: Dwarven... "Child Care"  (Read 624891 times)

MMM103

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven... "Child Care"
« Reply #720 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:09 pm »

Truly dwarfy. I can't wait to see armies of battlehardened dwarfbabies.

spineyrequiem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 02, 2012, 08:11:57 am »

Hello, long-time lurker who's just joined and watched this thread for AGES. Thus, in the best necromancy tradition I shall revivify it, possibly along with my own severed limbs.

But did I just do this for my own amusement? NO! Instead, I ask a question; a while back, I heard that husks could gain skills. Is this still the case? If so, our problems may have just been solved, what with them being almost totally unkillable, immune to depression and incredibly dangerous. The only minor difficulty would be the utter uncontrollability (is that a word? It is now...) of our new soldiers.

Of course, if husks can't gain skills or grow, I did this for nothing, but surely someone else must have a new cunning plan?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 02, 2012, 11:48:50 am »

Hello, long-time lurker who's just joined and watched this thread for AGES. Thus, in the best necromancy tradition I shall revivify it, possibly along with my own severed limbs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
]But did I just do this for my own amusement? NO! Instead, I ask a question; a while back, I heard that husks could gain skills. Is this still the case? If so, our problems may have just been solved, what with them being almost totally unkillable, immune to depression and incredibly dangerous. The only minor difficulty would be the utter uncontrollability (is that a word? It is now...) of our new soldiers.

Of course, if husks can't gain skills or grow, I did this for nothing, but surely someone else must have a new cunning plan?
I dont know if that would work, but you could always have them in cages, and release them during sieges, then trap them and wait until next siege. Unleash the Husks of war!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:35:48 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 02, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »

I dont know if that would work, but You could always have them in cages, and release them during sieges, then trap them and wait until next siege. Unleash the Husks of war!
Yeah but then you'd have husks to deal with. Goblins feel pain, goblins feel fear, Goblins bleed. Husks are worse than demons.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 02, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »

I dont know if that would work, but You could always have them in cages, and release them during sieges, then trap them and wait until next siege. Unleash the Husks of war!
Yeah but then you'd have husks to deal with. Goblins feel pain, goblins feel fear, Goblins bleed. Husks are worse than demons.
Just trying to get ideas out, and yes, Husks are truly terrifying.

spineyrequiem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 02, 2012, 03:07:50 pm »

You're arguing against my supersoldiers merely because it is insanely dangerous and creates far more problems than it could possibly solve? What are you, an elf?

They could probably be controlled (ish) with the old dwarf staple for any problem that has been proved, by repeated testing, to not be solvable with magma, namely mass kitten slaughter! They could certainly be used as bait to draw them back to their pens at least, though atom smashers and similar would be needed just in case one or two soldiers did happen to escape...

And it turns out I can't actually do months... this thread was only ten days gone when I woke it up, which isn't anything like as much of a necro as I thought it was...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 02, 2012, 03:14:57 pm »

I will still use any excuse I can to get this picture in somewhere. Besides, 10 days is forever in my book. When a company tells me to wait 5-7 weeks, I completly forget about it till it comes. and then I'm like "Look! where did this come from? I must be so old! It is a paper box, by Ursit McRandomfactoryworker. It menaces with spikes of postage."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:41:11 pm by misko27 »

spineyrequiem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 02, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a GOOD picture. It was just the small text on the bottom right I objected to... I find that days blur into one a lot of the time, so while I forget a package is coming, it then doesn't seem like long since I ordered it when it does finally arrive!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 02, 2012, 07:47:57 pm »

aren't falling items doing damage now? what about having a quantum tile with light weight crafts or something similar... open a hatch they drop on an unsuspecting child that gets the chance to dodge and repeat over and over... with the rail and mine cart stops could be automatized....?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 02, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »

I am not sure if thralls can gain skills but it is an interesting idea. I used to do something similar myself.
Just beware. Sometimes those thralls can be more trouble than they are worth and you don't want a thrall axelord :o
I haven't had much trouble with zombie children thus far but they require alot of micromanagement. The most trouble I have had was with a limbless dust thrall cavy sow which had 15 of my lord dwarves and 2 caravans attacking it for 2 seasons until i crushed it with my drawbridge (along with 10 of my lord dwarves...
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 03, 2012, 04:50:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure thralls gain skills. I had a thrall adventurer who I brought into a city - 100 shopkeepers swarmed me, leveling me up to a grand master swordsthrall just by autoattacking. I would guess this data would transfer over to fort mode, but I'm not completely sure.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 03, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

Thralls gain skills science has been done.

spineyrequiem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 03, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »

Do they grow up? Because if so, barely-controllable, insanely deadly child super soldiers are GO!

Great thing about them being thralls, they CAN'T DIE IN TRAINING! Or at least they probably won't. Also, psychological casualties won't happen either, since they're already an undead headcase. We just need to put them in a pit, thrallify them and keep chucking dogs in for 12 years (replacing the dogs as they are ripped to shreds by the angry zombie children). Then we need to work out how to get them out of the pit without them rampaging around the fort destroying everything they see... and then also how to get them back into said pit, which I somehow feel will be rather harder.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:34:34 pm by spineyrequiem »

Madurjafro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »

Guys, how many dwarven kids do you reckon could take out say a roc or equally hostile mega-beast?

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:38 am »

2 if this goes right. 5 at most.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76