Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76

Author Topic: Dwarven... "Child Care"  (Read 624970 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven... "Child Care"
« Reply #705 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:02 am »

Outlaw Star is the reason I'm into Scifi at all.  Well, and Reboot.  We need Toonami back...
I got digital channels back two weeks ago and the first time I watched Adult Swim it was during the Aril Fools toonami prank thing. I thought they were doing midnight run again, then I got sad and started shouting.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:03 pm »

trying to do this with giant sponges (wounded) results may vary...
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 09, 2012, 12:58:46 pm »

Everyone will die.
Don't you know those things are lethal?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 09, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »

Everyone will die.

well shit... too late half the childern of the fort deid
---
siggy!

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:55 am »

So I found out that Vampirism stops Attribute gain..... :'(

But, I bet you already knew that.....

All this really does is delay when they receive Vampirism until their attributes are high

I think it might be a good idea to raise all Attributes and try and give the super-soldiers a grounding in virtually all non-speech, non-artisan and  non-food skills

Make them able to build fortifications, mine quickly, operate a balista, build a balista, make armor/cloths treat wounded and various other such skills.

The chief goal being to make your Troopers independent from Civilian aid preventing "fraternization" which might otherwise make it necessary to "pacify" your own populace, or increase the rate of "unfortunate accidents".

Furthermore it would allow your Troopers to replace used munitions, or to create a new weapon to equip if their current ones are less effective.

That way if you reach those  "Infernal" neighbors of yours you can send in the Super-Troops, and  collapse the cave behind them so your pathetic peasants are peaceful.

Also it would be for the best to segregate your Squads by gender, to ensure that no romantic attachments form.
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:22 am »

Everyone will die.

well shit... too late half the childern of the fort deid

Wait for it... wait for it.... Annnd TANTRUM SPIRAL
---
siggy!

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 11, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »

So did some arena testing

Test parameters

(Armor)
Leather: pants, shoes, shirt, coat, gloves and hood:
Steel: chain-mail, helm, leggings, High Boots, breastplate, gauntlets

(Equipment)
Steel: Sword, Shield

(Skills) All Grandmaster

Test #1
1 vampire Dwarf Vs 1 Mundane Dwarf (tested 10 times)

Result:
In only one test did the vampire lose and only two did they receive real injury's (Cut's/gashes)

The Vampire that lost failed because he got his blade stuck in Dorf McMadeofSteels guts and then got his arm carrying his shield hit hard enough to drop it.

McMadeofSteel died of blood lose after winning, likely from losing his foot (ripped off), losing a eye( no clue, couldn't find how), his teeth ( I think all of them), and having several broken bones( all but his last remaining arm, which had the sword) {Oh, and Did I mention a sword stuck in his guts?}

I had a total of 10 separate test's each time adding another mundane dwarf to team #2
Each was done ten times, with the same parameters

The Vampires where roughly equal to 4-6, mundane dwarfs
Once they engaged 5+ Dwarfs they began losing limbs.

At 8-10 Dwarfs they could be reliably be counted on to kill 5-8 and too maim/injure the remainder

Combine vampirism  with the Super Soldier programs, and we shall make the elves and the stupid "infernal" neighbors  Tremble!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:13:54 pm by FalseDead »
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »

Mistake, Double post

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 14, 2012, 10:10:45 am »

Somewhat off topic since this is the childcare thread, maybe redo your test with an actual fort and see how many children your vampire can kill?
You may need to trigger a loyalty cascade or something to force this to happen.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 14, 2012, 10:48:58 am »

Somewhat off topic since this is the childcare thread, maybe redo your test with an actual fort and see how many children your vampire can kill?
You may need to trigger a loyalty cascade or something to force this to happen.

This is the childcare/super-solder thread, so eventually turning them into vampires is on topic.

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:41 am »

Outlaw Star is the reason I'm into Scifi at all.  Well, and Reboot.  We need Toonami back...
I got digital channels back two weeks ago and the first time I watched Adult Swim it was during the Aril Fools toonami prank thing. I thought they were doing midnight run again, then I got sad and started shouting.
http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/#

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2012, 02:45:58 am »

ITT: People worshiping girl in hat as a god

In place of the Blood God you will set up a Queen. And she shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love her and despair!
Don't forget the artifact ring called "Nenya, the Ring of Adamant".
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

did anybody ever actually DO this?
Could I get a save to see it in action? :)

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:02 am »

Ah, I take it that this is the first time you've laid eyes on the Outlaw Star. Be thankful I didn't have a picture of it sumo-wrestling other grappler ships, as being exposed to such awesome/ridiculousness so immediately could likely cause brain damage.

I've got the box set.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:18 am »

one way to harden a child up is to put hitler in a cage and give the adult weapons and shields after
puting an army of female dogs in the cage ... well eclosed room with masterwork engravings
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76