Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When you just have to scream at DF/dorfs/anything df related, do it here.  (Read 1276 times)

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vent all your frustration here!  While it might be more acidic, and fulfilling to do so over in dear urist, just spewing a stream of obscenities is sometimes the most you are willing to put forth to express your displeasure at something.

Speaking of streams, and waterfalls, and a 'hot' environment which is FUCKING FROZEN YEAR ROUND:
Fuck you dorf fortress, fuck you.

I want to make my Massive dam/reactor project, and you taunt me with lies, and betray me at every turn.

a 3x5 embark,

^||(^*)
^||^
^||^
^||^
^||^

*was actually forest

River?  mountains on either side?  all *s for the height differences?   Promising!

three biomes? hot, hot, and... well one tile of frozen mountain on the top left... but, one frozen tile doesn't matter---it isn't even the river!

NOEP.AVI. FROZEN STREAM and, insult to injury, 40 z level waterfall.    that is permanently frozen.  To top off the LIES AND BETRAYAL the height-difference map told me the stream was lower than the mountains on either side, the whole way through.

LIEEEEEEES!

B:  fuch yew df.  stawp screwin me.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Does temperature happen to be turned off?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Urist McLazy cancels Attend Party: WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU DONE ANYTHING YOU SHITS? I TOLD YOU LAST MONTH TO DUMP THE STONE OUT OF THE NEW BEDROOMS AND TO BUILD THE SECOND LAYER OF OUTER WALLS. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. NO MORE PARTIES UNTIL THIS FORTRESS CAN SUPPORT ITS POPULATION AND NOT GET MURDERED BY GOBLINS.      x47
Urist McMechanic cancels Attend Other Party: YOU TOO YOU FUCKS. CAGE TRAPS. NOW.     x6
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

See also: A Note To Urist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See also: A Note To Urist.
Vent all your frustration here!  While it might be more acidic, and fulfilling to do so over in dear urist, just spewing a stream of obscenities is sometimes the most you are willing to put forth to express your displeasure at something.
also: DF itself, not just urist(/goburist/humrist/elfrist/dragrist)  UNLESS YOU WANT TO ADDRESS URIST MCWATERPHYSICS, OR URIST MCWORLDGEN.

also, temperature is on.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

What GreatWyrmGold meant is, I believe, there is already a thread for this.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63417.0

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Gooral

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Don't go into the Waterfall. NOOOOOO! Urist cancels seek infant: Too Injured.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck you RNG. I like a challenge, I want to lose eventually, but when I lose I want to know I failed and can improve somehow.

What I don't like is you spitting out forgotten beasts that survive just about anything dwarves can throw at them, shattered body fractures all over and not even flinching I do not consider fun. I also don't like it that the monster you threw at me was immune to magma, or any sort of drowning for that matter.
But what I really hate you for, is giving these monsters weaponry that no dwarf can defend himself against. I do not enjoy explosions of dust that instantly make dwarves bleed to death. The monster you generated is ofcourse stronger and has an edge in combat, but I do not consider omnidirectional death rays a weapon fitting of the pace of the game.

Please go away and throw a monster at me I find remotely believable and enjoyable to face or fall to.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What GreatWyrmGold meant is, I believe, there is already a thread for this.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63417.0

Agreed. That thread covers what this one is trying to already.