Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Games with space walking?  (Read 5573 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games with space walking?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 03:36:30 pm »

Dead Space 2 has several parts where you run around in zero-g environments.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 03:44:29 pm »

You wind up going on a spacewalk in Fallout 3 if you have the Mothership Zeta DLC and get abducted by said mothership.
Too bad mothership zeta was a really crappy DLC.

Better than Operation Anchorage.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »

You wind up going on a spacewalk in Fallout 3 if you have the Mothership Zeta DLC and get abducted by said mothership.
Too bad mothership zeta was a really crappy DLC.

Better than Operation Anchorage.
I only liked Anchorage for the epic indestructible armor and the gauss rifle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 04:17:53 pm »

And the stealth suit which was so ridiculous that you could wear it while crouching directly in front of Allistair Tenpenny (with mediocre sneaking skill), and he wouldn't be able to see you crouching there or notice that you were stuffing a grenade or landmine in his pocket.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 04:25:48 pm »

There was an old space MMO where all you could do was realistically walk on the moon and talk.

Found it : http://www.maidmarian.com/MOONBASE.htm

Too bad there was nothing to do in that game besides trying to make it to earth.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

Why does it say I need a plugin? Flash comes built into chrome.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:43 pm »

Why does it say I need a plugin? Flash comes built into chrome.
Shockwave is somewhat a lesser line of flash, maybe chrome doesn't have that.
Just go to http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer/ if you dont feel safe enough.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »

If you use UMMU mod for orbiter, you can spacewalk. The spaceship doesn't have hard surfaces to grab or anything tho.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »

Isn't there, like, a bay12 SS13 server? Baystation12?

Yes, but if you randomly bash someone with a toolbox you will get banned, so it seems to not be what DrPoo is looking for.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 10:43:16 pm »

Though if you have a decent reason, and ask the admins first (and listen if they tell you not to), there wouldn't be a problem. The game keeps a log of all of that stuff, I believe, so if someone does ban you, just tell then to check the log, since some other admin said you could, and it would show up in the log that they did.
Eh?
Eh!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 10:51:02 pm »

Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space had it, sort of abstractly as a mission step your astronauts could perform and roll for various kinds of !FUN! to happen, like an overinflated suit getting stuck coming back in (actually happened IRL).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

There's a spacewalk in the first Mass Effect but its' physics puzzles me.  They are riding in an elevator going parallel to the axis of rotation for the space station and there is artificial gravity in the elevator which pulls them  in the direction they are coming from.  This artificial gravity was there even before the elevator started.  Then the elevator breaks down so they get out and space walk the rest of the way with magnetic shoes.  But there is no artificial gravity along their walk, which is in the same direction as the station.  So either the entire metropolis sized space station has an artificial gravity source beyond centrifugal motion or the developers really didn't think through their frames or reference.

Maybe there's some kind of... effect that affects mass?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 12:06:33 am »

There's a spacewalk in the first Mass Effect but its' physics puzzles me.  They are riding in an elevator going parallel to the axis of rotation for the space station and there is artificial gravity in the elevator which pulls them  in the direction they are coming from.  This artificial gravity was there even before the elevator started.  Then the elevator breaks down so they get out and space walk the rest of the way with magnetic shoes.  But there is no artificial gravity along their walk, which is in the same direction as the station.  So either the entire metropolis sized space station has an artificial gravity source beyond centrifugal motion or the developers really didn't think through their frames or reference.

Maybe there's some kind of... effect that affects mass?

Perhaps, perhaps, but that would need to be a pretty massive mass effect to effect all the mass for such a massive mass being affected.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:16 am »

There's always Moonbase Alpha. It's free, and kind of fun, I guess, as long as you like JOHN MADDEN! and UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 05:42:09 am »

Blockade runner had space walking. It's a bit like Minecraft in space except I hear the dev is adding a world beyond the building of ships and mining.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4