Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Serendipity  (Read 17313 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TBSS] Home-brewed "Project X"!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 07:11:29 am »

For those of you who witnessed the failing of my world generation theory... I have a new one! Will be typing it up when I get home this afternoon.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 08:08:47 am »

Post to watch... I really hope that this game will not die
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 09:19:35 am »

Ahh, very nice. I have a soft spot for minimal interfaces too, so this will be a joy to follow with. Best of luck to you.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TBSS] Serendipity
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:05 am »

Project X, now named Serendipity, is now livestreaming.

www.livestream.com/azkanan/
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 12:20:11 pm »

I've seen a boat in RDD with the same name. What a coincidence!  :o
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 01:05:36 pm »

I like the basis of this and watching you coding it is making me miss my comp sci courses in college...

I've seen a boat in RDD with the same name. What a coincidence!  :o
RDD?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 01:09:51 pm »

This shows much promise, keep it up!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:07 am »

Livestreaming Food Process

www.livestream.com/azkanan
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:01 am »

Posting to watch. Can't wait to see how this one goes...
Though this is the first game you haven't bugged me on MSN about... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:59 pm »

I plan to release the very basic package for showcasing (as opposed to barraging you with screenshots), once the following are in;

[To Do list moved to OP]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:49:38 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »

NightS: WHY AM I SO  SMALL?
Azkanan: uhh
Azkanan: *checks*
NightS: ONLY 1 MEAT?
Azkanan: Your not small.
Azkanan: Just not very meaty.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:27:23 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 05:20:12 am »

Livestreaming... If I'm lucky, and bug-free after these two bugfixes, we might see a release today.

www.livestream.com/azkanan
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:16 am »

This looks really cool, posting to watch.  So, it will essentially be like DF only much less complicated and much less likely to end in a magma related death?  What other characteristics will the gameworld have?  Will it have a medieval setting, normal modern setting, etc.  So many questions. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15:29 am »

This looks really cool, posting to watch.  So, it will essentially be like DF only much less complicated and much less likely to end in a magma related death?  What other characteristics will the gameworld have?  Will it have a medieval setting, normal modern setting, etc.  So many questions.

Answer: I don't know.

Right now, I'm taking it step by step. For now, I want to get basics down, such as running the game without it crashing.

However, I plan to make it sort-of like Civilization, but with only one city and more depth on your people, focussing on that one village... I guess you could call it a crossbreed between Civilization and Dwarf Fortress? :D

The feature that I made the game for, was the expansive use of Random Generation, so that people get a whole new experience each time.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:56 am »

Answer: I don't know.

Right now, I'm taking it step by step. For now, I want to get basics down, such as running the game without it crashing.

However, I plan to make it sort-of like Civilization, but with only one city and more depth on your people, focussing on that one village... I guess you could call it a crossbreed between Civilization and Dwarf Fortress? :D

The feature that I made the game for, was the expansive use of Random Generation, so that people get a whole new experience each time.

I wish your villagers would have actual personalities and interests, sort of like in DF but more like the citizens from Tropico 3.

All in all, this looks awesome. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12