Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War Animals  (Read 1275 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War Animals
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »

I Modded giant badgers to be war trainable since trying to train them before was not working.  however it is still not working, infact the war training command isn't at all.

i have a war animal trained, in the kennel it gets the A next to it, then disappears without training any animals, none of my dogs or badgers are trained and i would like them to be

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Animals
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 01:59:14 pm »

Well, check to make sure there's no issues (you have a dwarf with animal training enabled and he is able to move and can path to where the kennel is at, you have adult untrained dogs and badgers, you actually modded the raws in the save and not in the general raws folder) and if the problem isn't resolved, post it in the bug tracker.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

first of all check the logs. a job does not simply disappear from the list, it must generate an error. What's the error message?
upon more thought, your problem's likely that all your dogs and badgers are either caged or pastured. Release them and then you'll be able to train them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:39:48 pm by nanomage »

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 11:13:55 pm »

first of all check the logs. a job does not simply disappear from the list, it must generate an error. What's the error message?
upon more thought, your problem's likely that all your dogs and badgers are either caged or pastured. Release them and then you'll be able to train them.
thats must be the problem then, i have them pastured next to the kennel

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:02:25 am »

thats must be the problem then, i have them pastured next to the kennel
i think it is supposed to work if the kennel is actually inside of the pasture
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:25:14 pm »

if they're on a Pasture,enclosed locked area or anything similar it won't work
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.