Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Hill Dwarf Challenge  (Read 10464 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill Dwarf Challenge
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:15 am »

Right then...
I will start Streaming this Challenge as soon as I find a good place to settle...
I decided that I would change the Helms to horned helms just for effect so added the corkscrews in too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:56 am »

Doing my Stream, but paused for dinner. Be back soon... Right lets get started...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:06:11 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

accoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 04:28:22 am »

Excited! I'll start as soon as I get fully out of bed!  :P
Stand there pondering all the great mysteries of the DF universe.  The last thing going through his head being of course the Atom Smasher.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 04:50:36 am »

T_T Waves were sapping my FPS... I started too big of a map...
Might try again later. Got itch to play DA:O again... ^_^

accoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 06:38:10 am »

Hrm... doesn't seem to work for me :(

I've downloaded the appropriate tilesets, and even get a few seconds of gametime - until I try to designate mining spots or anything, and then I crash to desktop. Sad times :(
Stand there pondering all the great mysteries of the DF universe.  The last thing going through his head being of course the Atom Smasher.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 10:54:57 am »

Hmm. Anything in the errorlog?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

I get a lot of this in the Error log:

CAVE_CRAB:MALE:left fourth leg, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:right fourth foot, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:left fourth foot, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:shell, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:mouth, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:right pincer, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead
CAVE_CRAB:MALE:left pincer, layer 1: Tissue SHELL was not found, using first tissue instead....

Trhat's just a sample, but it seems to cover every part of the cave crab plus any variants/genders of the cave crab.
Hope this helps.
Darkening Kaos, CIS.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:05 am »

Hmm. Odd.

Try downloading a fresh copy of Civilization Forge and installing those raws into the Save's folder. That might fix it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 11:19:41 am »

Still causing problems, its only the tissue SHELL, though it seems to affect several varieties of crabs.

Cheerz,
Darkening Kaos, CIS.

EDIT: It is not causing the game to crash, tho.   I'm yet to figure out what is causing that, something to do with brewing, I think.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:13 am »

That's...really odd. I don't think I've ever seen that error before.

You're running DF 0.31.25, right?

Could you describe exactly what steps you did to use the save?
Come play Mafia with us!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:42 am »

You're running DF 0.31.25, right?

Yep, latest version.

Could you describe exactly what steps you did to use the save?

Just unzipped it into DF, started it up with Lazy Newb, then played - I'm at the start of Autumn, I was mid-way through Autumn when I had the first (and only, so far) crash.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 11:29:30 am »

Hmm. Try this:

Install a fresh copy of DF into a new folder. Call it DF - Hill Dwarves or whatever.
Unzip the save into this folder.
Try running it without using the Lazy Newb pack.
If you want to use a graphics pack, grab one of the two linked in the OP of the Civilization Forge thread.

I have a feeling that there is some conflict going on there.

Anyone else having issues?

Cheveux, is it working fine for you?
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:02 am »

So far, so good.

Greymane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 03:51:10 pm »

Working good for me so far too.

Since someone else is doing textiles already (my first choice) think I'm going to start up a cottage industry in alcohol. Wine, spirits, beers; the works. my goal is to build a house for every dwarf with a microbrewery in the basement or maybe have some dwarves with microbreweries while others work in a giant brewery near the stream (complete with water wheels to run on-site mills).

Goal number one though has been to build a paved road that will link us up to a theoretical highway, otherwise we'll never be more than some backwater town.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 10:35:20 pm »

With all the trees around, I'm going for the glass industry, have to import all the raw glass and sand, but I've got everything else covered.

My rules:   I'm only exporting Large Serrated Clear Glass Discs - to everyone.
               The mountain-home gets the best quality, and eventually will only get master-craft quality.
               Regardless of how much I trade for, all stocks must be traded away, even if this is a massive trade loss for me.  (One exception, the first master-class disc will be installed in a floor trap somewhere).

Already had two migrant waves, which pushed me down this road, three Glaziers in the first 12 migrants.
No Potash makers, so I repurposed a cheezemaker.
Milker repurposed to furnace operator and a gem-setter in charge of the ashery.
Didn't quite get it all going by the time the first trade caravan arrived, taking the opportunity to sell off the useless stuff I'll never use, then it's all go.

Cheerz,
Darkening Kaos, CIS.

EDIT: Before the caravan left, I was able to knock out one Clear Glass Disc and traded it for 1890 dorf-bux, no more hungry dorfs for a while.
Now to focus on the wall and entrance security, then establish support industries, not much to do in other words.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:52:09 pm by Darkening Kaos »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7