Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mining off  (Read 395 times)

hezo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mining off
« on: July 30, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »

It seems that my miners has gone to strike or something as their mining job was gone to disabled by it self and this happened twice. Might something to do with loading a previous game. I checked every other job and they where like they should be a.k.a carpenter had all required jobs enabled. Is it somekind of a feature or is it really a bug?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Mining off
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »

If it comes from loading a previous game, it's neither a feature nor a bug, depending on what you mean.  Also, if you played with their weapon settings, it might have changed.  I don't recall if it does that or not.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

hezo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »

mmm.. I did change their weapon settings but i changed them for every one and i got only these miners losing their mining job. Both times that i noticed this "thing" was after i loaded a saved game... same fortress but different save... and i only changed their weapons settings before the first save.

Baneslave

• Bay Watcher
  • Claymore Thrower Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »

Well, if miners are `forcedī to leave their picks they automatically lose their mining jobs because they don't have tool any more.
[BUTCHERABLE_SIGNATURE]

hezo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »

but they did not go and get those axes, still holding pick, and dont they go and get their weapon if made recruits?. Since none of my working dwarfs have picked those axes and i got plenty of axes laying around.

hezo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »

Yuo are right about the weapon thing, as those miners had it reseted to unarmed when made mining enabled again. Tho wondering why the secound save had miners again made to get axes since I have twice now enabled their mining jobs, enabled mining -> saved ... then loaded that save and again all miners had mining disabled.