- 2 (18.2%)
SOCK
- 5 (45.5%)
DOC
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 14, 2011, 11:14:11 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Proxy War Turn 3: We have Jam but where's the toast?  (Read 12956 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War Turn 0 La Nica
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:04 am »

Accountants. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War Turn 0 La Nica
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

Turn 1: La Frente
Field.
The team gets loaded up, Each operative examining their weapon to assure to misfires in the field and quickly loads into the pick up, Deciding that having men with guns lounging in the back they all crowd into the cab of the vehicle. The windows rolled down as they bump along the rough roads of the village, heading towards the point their contractor had specified. After an hour and a half the SOCK's arrive at their destination, A cross roads where they spot a pair of old ten ton army trucks with a man briefing his troops. As you pull over the man flags the group over "

Oye!" He says "You are they...Eh..SOCK's? Si?" He spots the stencil on Sledgehammers armor and invites them to stand by them "I am Sanduce Commandante de este Compas...The man who is paying your paycheck" He laughs a bit at his own joke. Next to him you spot a heavily armored man, Obviously a PMC due to his equipment, With an RPG strapped to his back. He seems to be sizing you up. Sanduce snaps and draws your attention over to the map "Okay...So we are here." He points to a area of the map circled in red. "And we want to head. Here, To the Gobierno Radio outpost, They have been causing trouble por La Frente for ages now and we  eh..Figured..That we should take them out Sabe? Marcelo here will take care of the actual demolition...We just needed some...Reliable Guns on the ground. Sabe?" With this Sanduce Climbs to the passenger window of one of the trucks and raises his fist "Por La Frente SEMPIRE!" The Frente soldiers respond with a roaring cheer in return as the pile into the trucks, Marcelo climbs in slowly and you do the same into your own pickup, How do you go about this job?

Support
Deadeye : (2) You pull out your fact book and flip quickly towards Nicaragua finding some quick
-La Republica de Nicaragua : At one time an actual democracy but for the past decade El Presidente has been Salcomoza, A former military man and a one time Sandinista in the 70's
La Frente : an Algemation of the various revolutionary groups but still containing their ideals causing some splintering and conflict within itself
The New Lion Corperation : An American corperation with Buissness assets in Nicargua, Not much is known about their CEO and reasons for hiring PMC's otherwise
Raggle Fraggle

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War Turn 1: La Frente
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2011, 10:12:08 am »

Gather some reliable intel about the area, possibly do some scouting.

Remember, my first time doing this, so feel free to correct me if I'm doing something wrong.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2011, 10:14:27 am »

Start designing a flamethrower.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2011, 10:15:18 am »

Assist Kangaroo in not blowing himself up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:54 am »

Arnold cracks open a can of Mr. Pibb and gives his opinion.

"All right-I'm guessing this is going to be a milk run-a nice morale booster for his men..

Let the Rebel Alliance take the glory, we'll handle the tough stuff-machine gun emplacements, tripwire mines, sniper nests...you know. Be careful not to one up the commandante or his men, right? They want to be heroes, great-I wanna get paid."

He pauses to contact HQ

"Command, this is Flatfoot, over. You think you could get an informant on the road between us and the radio station? Jeez, give a kid ten bucks and a cellphone, promise him 50 more if he comes through. I want to know how many guys are sent after us."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2011, 10:21:39 am »

Gather some reliable intel about the area, possibly do some scouting.

Remember, my first time doing this, so feel free to correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

You're sitting in a truck right now with a very short drive to the area you are going to be attacking/ Shooting/ Getting shot at from, So this is more of a plan of attack time than anything, I mean you can get some minor info on the geography but besides that not much.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2011, 10:26:21 am »

Brian resumed driving, following the other trucks at a reasonable distance just in case they had to stop suddenly. He turned down the AC and the radio so Arnold could talk to HQ. "Sounds about right," he said to Arnold's grumbling. Shit, I wish this cab was bigger. They don't make cars for people my size, he thought, trying to get into a comfortable position. "Next time, one of you guys are driving, I'm going to sit in the back," he said, doing a bit of grumbling himself. "So what's the plan when we get to the destination?" he asked the others. "I'd prefer to be in a position where I can do a lot of damage, personally."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:53 am »

Arnold rolls his eyes. What was it with the older mercs and explosion envy? He took another drink.

"We'll take the flanks of the Rebel group, is my idea. Like I said, let them lead, we're to keep an eye out for danger...it's pretty clear we got hired so the Commandantes men don't turn tail and run on the first shot fired, so let's play our part. "

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2011, 10:42:54 am »

"Call me paranoid but I don't trust this Commandante or his merc yet, I'll be happy to hang back and make sure we watch our backs and our exfil. HQ, can you get any info about this guy? Specifically if he's got a reputation for double crossing... heh. But otherwise, yeah - I'll go with Arnold on that."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:59 am »

Actually, I think the mission can be handled without extensive weaonry.

"I'll try to find out what I can about him.
I will also try to get intel about the radio station-maps and stuff."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2011, 11:15:34 am »

"Cheers Dan," Gregor replied. He finished rolling the cigarette he'd started two minutes ago and stowed it behind his ear. "Have we got far enough to go for a nap on the way?". He slumped back a little and seemed to disappear under his hat before anyone had the chance to answer.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:33 pm »

Deadeye stared in the distance. "Of course, we can take the bang-and-burn approach - I have no idea how well they're defending their station, but with the political situation in Nicaragua, we can count on them having guns in there. If we spot a lone rebel soldier, we may be able to slip him a bribe to gain advantage." Lowering his voice, he continued: "The job won't be all easy. Sanduce has been here long enough to know not to send his own men to shut down the station. He may consider this to be a lot more risky than he's letting us know."
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:51 pm »

[I thought Deadeye was back at HQ?]

Gregor poked his hat back up and came out from under it. "Damn, Deadeye - I kinda agreed with Arnold and Dan and you got me thinking again. You could be right and my first instinct was that this dude wasn't being 100% straight. We should be careful, anyhow..."

He fished his roll up from behind his ear and lit it, seeming to drift further away with every drag, undecided...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2011, 12:20:22 pm »

We could just say he's on the radio. :3

Brian nodded. "I've been in the shit before. Did a run out in the desert, helped destabilize a different country God know where..." He shrugged. "You get used to assuming your employer isn't telling you everything." He lowered the window and rested his elbow on the opening, using that hand to activate his radio. "So anyway, we're going to hit them from the back. Dan, you got a map? We might need to find a different route."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16