Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: RTBAFMCTDS Turn 2- Where the hell are all of the Monsters?  (Read 11728 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: RTBAFMCTDS Turn 1- Shopping Time!
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:44 pm »

Name: Alfonz Elric
Profession: Alchemist
Bio: He has amneisa
Hierloom Item: A Silver Vial filled with pure water
Wow, that is the best bio I have ever seen on this board. How are you not a famous author yet?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:02 pm »

I mean, Jesus Christ. It's so original. Every single thing about it is so... beautiful.

Adwarf, you can't just write the whole Bio off with just three words. Work it out! Amnesia doesn't even work like that!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »

That is just a place holder I am working on his bio now

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

Why didn't you just work on it when you were writing it? It would cause less confusion.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:46 pm »

I think adwarf is basically 'declaring', y'know, to save his spot or some such.

Edit: But I actually do hope you change it, adwarf. That bio is so bad it's hilarious. You should name him Daniel.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:05:51 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »

Why didn't you just work on it when you were writing it? It would cause less confusion.

My internet cuts out some times, and hate losing progress

I think adwarf is basically 'declaring', y'know, to save his spot or some such.
and yep this pretty much.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 05:02:26 am »

((If we do know each other already))

Benji peered at the little bag in confusion, then tipped it up and dropped the gem into one beefy hand.
"What the..." He looked around for whoever the hell gave it to him, but they'd split already. He held it up to the light and squinted at it,
then shrugged his leather-clad shoulders, popped it back in the bag and stuffed it away in a pocket.
'Dunno what it is.' He thought, and grunted to himself as he marched up to the pizza place.
'Guess I'll have that dude, Ricky or whatever check it out later.' He pushed open the door to Joe's Pizza and barged in.
"Gimme a shit-tonne of garlic bread, dude. Uhh, that much." He pointed at the 'large' portion on the menu, eyeing down the other customers he'd pushed in front of, waiting impatiently as the nervous-looking clerk hurried to process the order.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, 10:49:55 am »

Im going to be gone for the whole day, so i'll probally either write up the turn late at night or tommorow.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • RollToDodge.net
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2011, 04:07:02 pm »

Name: Adrian Hayes
Profession: Monster Hunter
Bio: Raised in the rural outskirts, Adrian learned to fire a rifle before he went to middle school. By the time he had graduated high school, he was extremely skilled with any sort of long gun. After the monsters started coming, he decided he could apply those hunting skills to killing monsters as well.
Hierloom Item: Medallion w/ chain, given to him by his father.
Throw me on the waiting list, please.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:00 am »

Name: Nicholas Micheal.
Profession: Hunter/Trapper, selling game for a living.
Bio: Nicholas never did grow up to be the academic scholar his strongly religious parents were hoping for. The only class he excelled in at school was sports, and he left at 16 with one GCSE. However, owing to the luck of living near a large forest, he bought a rifle, traps and small amounts of poison and began to hunt to make money.
Slowly he has begun to see more magical creatures in the forest, and got increasingly annoyed as they scared away the game. His anger is now at the point of no return, and so he joins the hunting squad.
Hierloom Item: A ring containing 10 millilitres of highly poisonous necromancers blood, handed to him by his father.

So, if I'm needed on the waiting list, could I go on it?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:07 pm »

Hierloom Item: A ring containing 10 millilitres of highly poisonous necromancers blood, handed to him by his father.

So my blood is poisonous? that's pretty damn awesome.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »

So my blood is poisonous? that's pretty damn awesome.
Who Knew? Maybe Artificer blood serves as a Antacid.
Raggle Fraggle

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

Fniff
Ian smiled at his new bullets, and sung under his breath to the tune of Big Iron.

"In the village of Abhainn, another body was found, on the outskirts of the towwwn. Ripped apart, nothing much leeeeeft. No-one dared to ask, no-one dared to notice, but a silent little boy stood over the boooddy..."

He stopped and looked at his locket, examining her static face for two minutes. Then he headed into a alleyway and looked around for a crack dealer. He had a good plan. Anytime someone decided not to play by his rules, he'd drug them in his sleep. Ian would get the most potent crack fifty dollars could buy. He would say he would get more crack of this kind if the person would just tell him exactly what he wants to know. This was a good tactic, and this worked fairly well. Morally repugnant, but he who fights monsters. At least he wasn't a monster.

He smiled, and looked at Scanger-y  as he could.
[2] Walking around you try to find a shady looking person who would possibly have any "information", and totally not for drugs. Unfortunately it seems you can't find any, looks like finding a drug dealer is harder than you thought it would be.

Dwarmin
As Kili left the Weaponsmithy quickly, on instinct, she saw an odd thing.

A man on a ladder was hanging a new Inn Sign three doors down-when a cat chasing a dog ran past, bumping the ladder, and sending him asprawl. The sign flew out of his hands, and landed on a horse that was pushing a carriage down the street at that moment. The Horse reared and bolted, snapping the chains bolting it to the carriage, and it's rider quickly lost control. It careened toward the Weaponsmithy, stopping short as the dog and cat ran in front of it again, propelling the rider in question through the Smithys front window. Kili shook her head.

The owner came out, waving his hands melodramatically.
"What in the Nine Hells! That window cost me 200 Gold!"

She walked away quickly...

Action: Go the local bar and scrounge for rumors of monsters lurking about.
[3] You head to a nearby bar and start asking around about any monsters, a man laughs and say's "Monsters in the city? The chances of that are pretty low lady, this city has squads of men patroling 24/7."

Riccto
Oh I cant contain myself. Buy EVERYTHING.
You buy EVERYTHING, and you now have only 20$ left to spare. You still have no idea if these items even do anything, but your sure a few hours of studying will probally fix that. [1] You reach into your pocket and realize the rest of your cash is gone, what the hell?

Sinpwn
Frowning at the prices, Conchobar decided that it was worth it to spend his money on the two tomes. Not bothering to thank the shop keeper for the overpriced books, he decided to wander around town for a while. He began asking people he passed if there had been mysterious disappearances or anything out of the ordinary.
You buy the two tomes and put them in your bag. [3] You wander around for a bit asking people if anything odd was happening, but everything seems normal in the city. Nothing out of the ordinary is happening, atleast for now.

Repulsion
Check the prices of 2x4s, nails, and general wooden and metal items that could be used for creating/crafting something. If they are too expensive (over 55), leave the store and look around for a warehouse or scrapyard or such.
[6] You walk around for a bit and luckily you find an abandoned wharehouse. Inside there are piles upon piles of scrap metal, and a few wooden boards. You pick up a few pieces of scrap metal and a few wooden boards and leave.

Yoink
((If we do know each other already))

Benji peered at the little bag in confusion, then tipped it up and dropped the gem into one beefy hand.
"What the..." He looked around for whoever the hell gave it to him, but they'd split already. He held it up to the light and squinted at it,
then shrugged his leather-clad shoulders, popped it back in the bag and stuffed it away in a pocket.
'Dunno what it is.' He thought, and grunted to himself as he marched up to the pizza place.
'Guess I'll have that dude, Ricky or whatever check it out later.' He pushed open the door to Joe's Pizza and barged in.
"Gimme a shit-tonne of garlic bread, dude. Uhh, that much." He pointed at the 'large' portion on the menu, eyeing down the other customers he'd pushed in front of, waiting impatiently as the nervous-looking clerk hurried to process the order.
[2] It seems like they don't have any garlic bread, oddly enough. You walk out of the store dissapointed, but atleast you always have some garlic on you.
((You don't need any garlic for the ability to work, you assume you already have it.))

Sinpwn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

Riccto

Repulsion

Fniff

Yoink
Welcome to Reality.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: RTBAFMCTDS Turn 2- Where the hell are all of the Monsters?
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »

Find a nice quiet corner of a library and study these wondrous things!
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: RTBAFMCTDS Turn 2- Where the hell are all of the Monsters?
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2011, 06:31:49 pm »

His left eye twitching with frustration at the lack of things to kill, the Necromancer made his way to the inn. He kept an eye open for anything interesting on the way there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6