Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Grand Tale of Mark  (Read 1516 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
The Grand Tale of Mark
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:52:55 pm »

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Once upon a time, there was a man named...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:42:06 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Tale
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »

Mark, He was walking to the grocery store when he heard a scream
From down an alley, for some reason nobody else noticed the scream.
You feel like you need to go investigate. You start walking down the
alley way. You feel a presence behind you. Yout spin around. Behind
you is...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

A large reptilian creature about 6.5 feet in height with short claws and a snout. Perhaps it is friendly? Yeah, you wish. There is no one in the alley way that could possibly have called for help... maybe this creature used it as bait to lure you in here? Your mind tingles as if something is pushing against it. Whatever the reason you feel that you should...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »

Run the other way, and you do... You turn the corner and
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:14:58 pm »

...Find yourself facing a dead end. Looking around, you realize that you only have a few options. You could try climbing up the pipe of a building behind you, talk with it, or try beating it away with some sort of object. The pressure on your mind increases as it draws slowly, inexorably closer. Its shadow is just coming around the corner as you make your decision...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »

You start climbing and get to a fire escape but then you slip. You grab onto the railing and look down. The creature is below you and growling you look back up and decide to
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »

...do something completely unexpected. Mark puts his feet together, braces himself, and... lets go. Even though he is only about 15 feet up, it takes him a second before he...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »

lands and hits the thing in the head. It stumbles back and begins to flee. He begins to follow and then...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 06:33:14 pm »

(( I Guess we have completely forgotten the "Reply in Paragraphs" rule already. ))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:53 pm »

It lunges at you, slavering jaws closing inches from your feet.
...wake up. Wait, what?
Wake up!
The monster scrabbles towards you, trying to bite you.
Mark, wake up!
His slavering jaws are lunging for your dangling foot when you stumble backwards, tripping over a garbage can...

With a start you sit up, your body tangled up in your bedsheets. Next to the nightstand on the floor is a spilled glass of water, the cool liquid splashed on your foot. Looking around the room you take comfort in the familiar scene. A table of elements poster on the door, your computer humming quietly in the corner, a strange winged creature staring at you insistently... wait, what?

((attempt at getting this back on the 'reply in paragraphs' rule track :) ))
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 06:59:36 pm »

It looks at you and says "wakey wakey eggs and backey" suddenly it comes back to you. This is you pet imp. Your a cultist in the cult of Balbasar sworn enemy of Gransder god of reptiles. You get dressed for morning prayers and breakfast so you go to the dining hall and pray. Then the chef comes out with eggs... And bacon you get in line and...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:07:29 pm by Elfeater »

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

((realize that we're back to no paragraphs! Teehee))

And realize, with a start, that you're late. The morning prayer bells are already ringing from the city's central spire. With no time to spare, you grab a quick coffee and lunge out the door. Your imp, Adramelech, cackles the whole time.

"Adram! I thought I told you to wake me up before the bells sound!"

"Do I look like I'm lawful good? Keheheh!"

Inwardly, you groan. Ever since you tried to explain Dungeons and Dragons to him, he has cracked horridly bad jokes about it ever since. None have been remotely funny. Your feet patter against the wet cobblestone ground - it must have rained last night - and your blood-red overcoat swishes as you dash between other citizens, some heading for the west of the city, others for the east. You join with a group of people heading toward the east of the city, wherein lies the temple of Balbasar, god of fire.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:20:08 pm by Edio »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 07:13:05 pm »

((I edited right before you posted sorry))

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 09:22:59 pm »

As you sprint toward the prayer hall and past a grocery store in the marketplace, you hear a scream. Surprisingly, no one seems to hear it but you.

This... it reminds me of my dream...

An odd purple light is emanating from deep in the recesses of the alley; you feel it almost pulling you towards it. You slow to a walking pace and walk towards it. Strange images flicker across your mind, places you've never seen, things you never thought could have existed...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »

Images of four sided circles, cities under the Earth made of blood and screaming human bodies, huge demons that pervert reality just by existing and beautiful gardens of bone. Your mind is bending from the sheer idea of these images. You suddenly appear in one of these images, the bone garden. You fall over, and...
Pages: [1] 2