Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I really need a good zombie game.  (Read 4804 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: I really need a good zombie game.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 11:43:24 pm »

I have rogue survivor, cataclysm, and survival crisis z installed. Im on the last mission of episode three, and it is fucking brutal. I love the game though. Definatly recommend it.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 01:47:04 am »

Zafehouse (strategy, management game)
http://downloads.zafehouse.com/zafehouse/zh_latest.zip

Cottage of doom (nice quick baricade your self down and held the cottage game)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/catrpg/files/Cottage%20Of%20Doom/Version%201.0/cottageofdoomsetup1.0.exe/download

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 06:18:16 am »

All that buildup and no link?

I'm profoundly sorry that you'll have to spend a few seconds of your evidently precious time googling the mod name.

Also, clicking the quote link brings you to an Imperium Nova thread.

Yes, it's from another forum. Codes may not be compatible. We are all so very lucky that the forum is still here after you clicked the link. In fact, I think we should all gather around and offer our gratuity to the scripting God for waylaying disaster.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 06:31:38 am by Flare »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:40 am »

Hey, hey, there's no need to be so hostile there.
I was just saying that you posted a bunch of images, and didn't provide a link, unlike what normal people do. Look at everyone else who posted a game. I think you'll find that they provided a link.
That doesn't really help anyone if you don't say what forum it originates from.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 08:17:28 am »

All that buildup and no link?

I'm profoundly sorry that you'll have to spend a few seconds of your evidently precious time googling the mod name.

Also, clicking the quote link brings you to an Imperium Nova thread.

Yes, it's from another forum. Codes may not be compatible. We are all so very lucky that the forum is still here after you clicked the link. In fact, I think we should all gather around and offer our gratuity to the scripting God for waylaying disaster.

I want that map.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 12:21:27 pm »

Theres a free (quite playable) alpha demo of Project Zomboid available. It's more of a survival / RPG type game and currently far from feature complete. One to watch, though.

You don't get to be a zombie, but you can knock back a bottle of whisky, craft a molotov cocktail out of the empty bottle and stumble about the place (drunk) before setting light to a horde with said cocktail.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 12:23:46 pm »

Its funny, that sounds just like cataclysm, except not in ASCII.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 12:25:54 pm »

I also vaguely remember the devs on their forums banning anyone who criticizes their game, so that was a big turn off to that game for me as well.

that vague recollection is wrong - but they do call people out who put out criticisms poorly on their boards

anyway, the zombie game i want to find again was a source mod where someone controlled the zombies in an RTS mode, while everyone else was a survivor.. anyone know what that one is called again?

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »

Its funny, that sounds just like cataclysm, except not in ASCII.

It is to my eternal shame that I am yet to play Cataclysm, but I think that's about right in principle. I think it's fair to say Complexity is dialled back a couple of notches - but primarily because of the load imposed on the creation of art assets rather than an aversion to complexity for it's own sake.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 12:54:34 pm »

SCZ is working for me; unpacked it into a folder. Mayhaps you mean the exe is not working? It doesnt work on win7/vista; if ye want it to work, just follow these few steps and it'll run perfectly.

http://survivalcrisisz.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_Crisis_Z#Vista_Fix
It still dosen't work.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:35 pm »

If anyone still plays it, Zombie Master (a mod for Source) is an interesting approach.  All players are humans playing cooperatively, save one.  This player is the Zombie Master, and plays the game from an RTS perspective, unleashing and guiding the zombie hordes to kill the players.

It suffered from a lack of balance between zombie classes (banshee spam), a lack of its own character models, and a community that made Counterstrike players look refined, but the concept was good enough to keep me occupied for a while.

KG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 07:30:25 pm »

Dead Rising 2 is also alot of fun, and does "hordes of shambling zombies" rather well.  :D

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »

Eergh, I have yet to go and get DR 2. Sure its mindless, but its damn fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3