Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miscellaneous clothes modding questions  (Read 648 times)

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Miscellaneous clothes modding questions
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »

1) If I make an item of clothing that has the [UNDER] layer, but the [HARD] and [METAL] tags, can I create an item that provides the protection of real armour, but which civilains will wear without being put in a squad and issued it?

2) What determines the size of clothing items (as in, whether they are "large" "small" or normal)?  If I modded dwarves so that different castes were significantly different sizes, would I be able to make suitible clothes for all of them?

Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous clothes modding questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »

1). Civilians will come wearing anything that isn't [ARMOR] (I forget the tag but there is one) as if it is normal clothing. However, once they arrive at your fort, they will never put on any clothing unless told to.

2). Size description is relative to dwarf size. You need to make sure that the sizes of each dwarf are within 1000 of each other, unfortunately. You could simply make them stronger if that was what you planned.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Leonance

• Bay Watcher
  • Moltar shows us how dwarves solve all problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:51:57 pm »

1). Civilians will come wearing anything that isn't [ARMOR] (I forget the tag but there is one) as if it is normal clothing. However, once they arrive at your fort, they will never put on any clothing unless told to.

2). Size description is relative to dwarf size. You need to make sure that the sizes of each dwarf are within 1000 of each other, unfortunately. You could simply make them stronger if that was what you planned.

If I were to add [ARMOR] tag to all the clothing raws would invaders still come in wearing armor or be as nude as my migrant dwarfs?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:55:38 pm »

This tag (I think it's [ARMORLEVEL:2] or something) makes it so that the clothing is considered armor, but invaders will only wear head armor and a breastplate. Migrants will not come wearing armor.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:06 am »

Would it be possible to make certain clothes wearable only for certain castes? Hairy dwarven men wearing dresses has always bugged me.

Also, would it be possible to prevent some clothing from showing up in the military equip screen? Pony peytrals and caparisons shouldn't be wearable by humanoid species.