Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Any Good Dragon Games?  (Read 25186 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: Any Good Dragon Games?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:07 pm »

It would be awesome if someone invented a realistic dragon simulator, where there's an ecosystem and everything, along with randomly generated civilizations which you can help or destroy.

This. A thousand times this. I really wish someone would step up and make a game like this.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »

I posted that idea on the off chance that a video game developer was reading this thread  ;)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 11:32:16 pm »

realistic dragon simulator
Hahaha.  :P

When you say ecosystem it makes me think of the Monster Hunter games. They're one of the only series I've seen that take dragons (wyverns, technically) and put them in a... if not entirely realistic, at least well-thought-out ecological framework. But then, that works because they're essentially just big animals, not the sapient/magical style that shows up in generic fantasy.

I'd love any game with a fleshed-out fictional ecosystem, especially one where you could play as one of the creatures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:56 am »

realistic dragon simulator
Hahaha.  :P

When you say ecosystem it makes me think of the Monster Hunter games. They're one of the only series I've seen that take dragons (wyverns, technically) and put them in a... if not entirely realistic, at least well-thought-out ecological framework. But then, that works because they're essentially just big animals, not the sapient/magical style that shows up in generic fantasy.

I'd love any game with a fleshed-out fictional ecosystem, especially one where you could play as one of the creatures.

Especially if you can play as a frickin flying, fire-breathing, knight-munching dragon. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 01:13:14 am »

I think it's interesting that people have such a strong fascination about dragons, yet very few good dragon games have been released.  Perhaps because it's hard to put a dragon in a game anything without losing its mystery, beauty, and allure - Making them human enough to be connected to, but not so human that they're understood.

While we're at it, Spyro was a platform dragon game.  Technically you're a dragon, but you might as well be Flying/Gliding Mario.  I was never really impressed by it, but I didn't play it much.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 01:36:52 am »

wow you just triggered a fond memory I had of an mmo game called Horizon, you could be a dragon and you grew in to a flying huge dragon at higher levels. The crafting in that game was cool also.

id search for the game coz im sure its still around under a differnt guise but i cant as work blocks most places on the "internets".

It's called Istaria now, I believe, if nobody else has already supplied a link or info.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 03:35:44 am »

Choice of Dragon = Awesome. Just saying, and watching in case anything equally awesome shows up.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 11:57:59 am »

All three PS1 Spyro games were fun. The rest is not as good, I'd say.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 12:19:31 pm »

All three PS1 Spyro games were fun. The rest is not as good, I'd say.

Spyro never left the PS1. Some evil ugly distant cousin took his name.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

Definitely a better idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:34 pm »

Spyro never left the PS1. Some evil ugly distant cousin took his name.

Ah, is that how it went?

Yes, yes.. That sounds better..

My mind is suddenly at ease now..
Too bad they never made any sequels.

Also, I don't believe a link has been provided for Choice of Dragon, so here:  {link}

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »

There is only one Matrix. It was pretty cool and the ending was perfect with no room for any sequels. Too bad it didn't have dragons in it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:47 pm »

There is a game where you make a blood pact with a dragon and can thus control the warrior and the dragon.

No I am not talking about Drakengard

I just can't remember what it is called.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 09:33:14 pm »

There is a game where you make a blood pact with a dragon and can thus control the warrior and the dragon.

No I am not talking about Drakengard

I just can't remember what it is called.

Drakan: Order of the Flame. Infinitely fun to fly and glide around in that game, loved it when I was younger. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »

Posting to watch. 

This thread is relevant to my interests.lolcats

[content]
I recall some budget game where you play as a dragon for the PS1.  It was really meh, and seemed to have an odd cartoony kind of child targeted theme to the plot, But at the same time it seemed kinda...dark. It involved the dragon you played as messily devouring orcs to restore your health during gameplay.  And dragons are being fed into some orc magic thingymagigy assembly line style.  Makes you wonder what kind of audience it was aimed at.  Your dragon escapes and collects some dragon eggs with the help of a fairy who clearly aspires to be a more annoying Navi. 

The game in general was not great, but it had some interesting stages here and there.  Unfortunately it was all mission based so it wasn't any kind of freeroam thing that seems to be the holy grail folks are looking for.   Also I forget the title.
[/content]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:33:38 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4