Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Any Good Dragon Games?  (Read 25180 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Any Good Dragon Games?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:22 am »

I played choice of the dragon, it was awesome, I'm still playing it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:19 am »

http://www.istaria.com/

I remember trying this and finding it weird how drakes run around on all fours, yet can craft somehow (although nothing they could wear for some reason, from what I remember). And apparently now it's F2P, but only for human characters.
[/quote]

Yer thats the game, i still do have the boxed version somewhere, it was a fun game but probobly very differnt now to how it played back then, I see its still actually a p2p version too which surprises me.
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:33 am »

Hoard is on Steam, too, I think. So not PSN only, or whatever.

I know this is probably an unorthodox suggestion, and it's probably not quite right... but GodWars II has dragon as a class. You're technically a shapeshifter, but it's not time limited. If you take the talents and powers for it, dragon is your main form and you can shapeshift into human or draconian format.

GW2 is not roleplay based, /but/ dragons have a unique set of powers, and their combat moves are specific to dragons. Even specific to different kinds of dragons.

There are lots of different types, too. Wingless Asian-style dragons, water serpents, hydras, land-based dragons (kind of like dinosaurs, I'd guess?), dracolichs (undead dragons of various types), etc.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 08:44:52 am »

Dragons are one of the possible animal forms in Holy Beast Online, though they're bizarre tiny Asian dragons. And they don't play any differently from anything else.

Also I don't think you could really call it a "good game", since it's a Korean-style grinding game without many features.

I still find it kind of charming though...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:04 am »

Here's something upcoming from the creators of Divinity 2 I just found out about on the Codex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdaUt1Hip_Y

sekullbe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 01:16:33 pm »

Crossfire (http://crossfire.real-time.com/) is a real-time RPG with roots in arcade 'Gauntlet' and roguelikes. You can choose a 'fire hatchling' as your character race and change elemental type by eating appropriate elemental things.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 01:48:51 pm »

Seconding Choice of the Dragon.  You get to make quite a few decisions, and it's the most complete CYOA that I've ever seen.  Hoard, a small game on the PSN (not free, demo provided) is dragon themed, though it's more slapstick battling than detailed.  Towns will rise and fall as you play though, and "raising" a city before "razing" it has its benefits.
It's also on Steam. And PSP I think.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:59 pm »

I do believe you can play as a dragon in Reign of Fire.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

This. Good ol' Bay12 has shown me a nice browser game once again.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 03:38:39 pm »

I 2nd 3rd 4th Divinity. It's pretty satisfying being a dragon.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html Best dragon related game in this millenium possibly?
Blargh.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:24 pm »

Posting to watch.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

This. Good ol' Bay12 has shown me a nice browser game once again.
Woo for dragons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »

A proper, non-gimmicky dragon game has been on my Wanted list for years. Seems the only time game developers let you play as a dragon, they have to go and do something stupid with the rest of the game - case and point, that "Dragon Commander" trailer above. What the chocolate-covered creampuff is that ridiculous looking thing??
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »

It would be awesome if someone invented a realistic dragon simulator, where there's an ecosystem and everything, along with randomly generated civilizations which you can help or destroy. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4