Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champion Yak  (Read 1490 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Champion Yak
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »

i was ambushed, killed everything but a single goblin, which i looked everywhere for, well atleast i thought everywhere, i zoomed to it and he is fighting a yak of mine, 44 pages is the report, 95% of which is "the goblin lasher bashes the yak in the head with it's silver scourge,  Bruising the muscle and shattering the skull!"  the other 5% is "the goblin lasher bashes the yak in the head with it's silver scourge,  Bruising the muscle and shattering the upper spine's bone!"

this yak just keeps taking a beating, it has a shattered skull which keeps getting worse, yet it is still alive, and only has a few body parts injured, yellow.

this yak is a beast! 2 of his comrades were killed with a single blow yet he survives 44 pages!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:33:33 pm by ltprifti »

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Champion Yak
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:36:40 pm »

i don't see an injury causing this, and i'm not gonna sift through the final 72 pages, but the yak just suffocated to death

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

The spinal injury is probably responsible for his suffocation. Still, that's an impressive survival rate. How are you going to commemorate your stalwart beast?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:00 pm »

Did the yak come in with some migrants? Maybe it's experiencing the migrant-not-dying bug.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:29:36 pm »

The spinal injury is probably responsible for his suffocation. Still, that's an impressive survival rate. How are you going to commemorate your stalwart beast?

Did the yak come in with some migrants? Maybe it's experiencing the migrant-not-dying bug.
nope i raised him from a calf
IDK how to commemorate him, i have 100+ marble statues but none of yaks or i'd make tomb for him of yak statues

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »

Build all your statues in one spot such that it looks like a yak from top-down.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:53:34 pm »

Build all your statues in one spot such that it looks like a yak from top-down.
ALL? i have 186 in storage atm(thinking of smashing some), left repeat on too long, that and a 150 statue garden in my fortified courtyard :S

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:13:20 am »

Is the yak a pet? If so, you can block use of all coffins except the one you want to use, then build a tomb around it. If it is not a pet, then you can quantum dump or stockpile his remains and then designate a tomb around that. The only problem being that the remains may rot away.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:36:28 am »

Is the yak a pet? If so, you can block use of all coffins except the one you want to use, then build a tomb around it.
Urist McNoble has recently been infuriated by a pet's pretentious burial arrangements.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:54 pm »

he deserves a cookie.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »

i made a little garden, paved with marble blocks with masterpiece marble statues lining the walkways with 2 chained giant eagles

i plan to have 4 once more are hatched