Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Touhou Hisoutensoku; Iceball has gone months without internet edition  (Read 12740 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku; Iceball's hamachi network.
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »

Yeah, 13.5's demo is pretty cool. I'm excited for when the full thing comes out, if only so I can use Ichirin's APOCAFISTS on everyone.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:47 pm »

Because the Iceball's hamachi network is full, I will shamelessly advertise my own, yet-to-be-full shiny new room!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, who was Kiara? He was pretty much the last (or next-to-last) active person in the old room.
._.

Claxus

• Bay Watcher
  • Maybe Lucky
    • View Profile
    • Crest of Machine
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »

Would people be willing to move to a different program than Hamachi? The 5 people per network limit is depressingly small. I would suggest Comodo UNITE, which works very similarly, and has no limit for free users as far as I remember. At least, the limit goes beyond 100.

But anyway... A new demo of 13.5 released recently, and it has netplay! Not that much new content unfortunately, just some new skills, tweaking, and a new map, but the online play is pretty fun and working smoothly as is.

Still, I'd like to get a little community going again to play the demo and Hisoutensoku.
Drop by Crest of Machine for dozens of freeware mecha games!
http://claxus.webs.com/mechagamelist.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/OwlSage

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2013, 09:35:35 pm »

Is there some trick to using Meiling that I'm missing? When I play as Reisen or Tenshi I tend to get up into the other player's face a lot so I tried using Meiling. I just can't get the hang of her.

Also, what deck builds are you guys fond of using? I generally fill my decks with skill cards and Tengu Fans/Grimoires/Ibuku Gourds.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 09:40:35 pm »

I generally fill my decks with skill cards and Tengu Fans/Grimoires/Ibuku Gourds.
This is me right here. Depending on the character I also put in a few low-cost spellcards, and if I can, a stronger high-cost one.

Would people be willing to move to a different program than Hamachi? The 5 people per network limit is depressingly small. I would suggest Comodo UNITE, which works very similarly, and has no limit for free users as far as I remember. At least, the limit goes beyond 100.

But anyway... A new demo of 13.5 released recently, and it has netplay! Not that much new content unfortunately, just some new skills, tweaking, and a new map, but the online play is pretty fun and working smoothly as is.

Still, I'd like to get a little community going again to play the demo and Hisoutensoku.
Preferably, we'd be able to play without external programs, but that does sound pretty good. The only alternative I know of is Tunngle which is a little shady. Only a little, though.

Also, I didn't know there was a demo out. I'll check it out. Thanks for posting it!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »

I actually use meiling, is there a particular issue you're having? I'm by no means super good at the game but I've found out a few things.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »

I can't seem to connect further after even a simple Dial-A combo, I end up finishing with a simple attack like Red Cannon or Searing Red Fist. I could try to sub 3B after hitting the third A, but even then I can't do anything with Meiling's Aerial game.

Claxus

• Bay Watcher
  • Maybe Lucky
    • View Profile
    • Crest of Machine
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2013, 10:04:38 pm »

Meiling's a bit strange, her dial-A combo doesn't really finish like the rest of the cast. But it also ends with you having the advantage, so it leads to very ambiguous follow-ups. If you want to finish it as a combo, you should use 3A for setups, or the flying kick for damage. Her aerial game isn't too special, but her air 2A is a fast double hit with decent wide range, and 8A can lead to combos if you use it properly. 2B rains down some shots that linger for a bit that are good for pressure.

Basic advice is that her 6C shot eats through almost everything in the game, and has excellent homing, so it's definitely something you should be using a lot. And 5C will also absorb almost everything in the game, and is good as a close range attack, as well. So those two shots are great for closing in with defense and offense.

I generally fill my decks with skill cards and Tengu Fans/Grimoires/Ibuku Gourds.
This is me right here. Depending on the character I also put in a few low-cost spellcards, and if I can, a stronger high-cost one.

Preferably, we'd be able to play without external programs, but that does sound pretty good. The only alternative I know of is Tunngle which is a little shady. Only a little, though.

Also, I didn't know there was a demo out. I'll check it out. Thanks for posting it!
I think it's just easier to get into a network where you don't have to worry about portforwarding, and can have IM chats with others or network chats to get some games going, and talking while playing or spectating.
Drop by Crest of Machine for dozens of freeware mecha games!
http://claxus.webs.com/mechagamelist.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/OwlSage

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2013, 10:10:13 pm »

Yeah Claxus knows way more then me clearly :p

I will say that yeah, her 6C will go straight through most enemies, it's super handy, and likewise her 6B can be handy although that may just be me.

I've never had a lot of success with red cannon, it doesn't seem to do a lot for how hard it is to land, I will say earth dragon kick is great, and the shot shield thing for her 236 is pretty handy too if you can anticipate shots. Annnnd her 214B being that axe kick, I think it's blossom kick or something? Is pretty good for smacking things that are running at you, and C is great for smacking something out of the air.

Not super pro but I've played quite a bit.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:36 pm »

I guess I should try the fighting game out I don't play pc fighting games do to the controls but it is touhou.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2013, 10:37:04 pm »

yeah it honestly works pretty well on a keyboard, I've had no issues and I'm a fighting game rookie.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2013, 11:17:51 pm »

Do people use + or just the normal game?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »

If you mean the expansion, Hisoutensoku, then people use Hisoutensoku I think. 12.3 is hisoutensoku, 10.5 or something is the first one, BUT you need both 10.5 and 12.3 to play 12.3, as 12.3 is an expansion. :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2013, 12:01:23 am »

No I mean Hisoutensoku + the fan made patch that balances the game out
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Hisoutensoku%2B

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2013, 12:08:05 am »

Never heard of it. So we're probably almost definitely not using it.

Sorry, but the game is too fast-paced and competitive for me already. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9