Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Touhou Hisoutensoku; Iceball has gone months without internet edition  (Read 12733 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku; Iceball's hamachi network.
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:25 pm »

That was fun games. 

Clauxus and....I forget the name sorry.  Watching you two do those Remilia vs Meiling fights... that was something else.  You two are beasts.

Game is hard  :'(
oh well i'll just have to practice.
You said you were only playing a couple days?  That's not bad considering.  Most of the people in the channel felt like they've been playing a year at least.  I can't speak for anyone else but just about everyone kept me on my toes.
Started yesterday but I've been playing fighting games for years just not on the PC.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »

I've never used Hamachi before, I relied on direct links or Jap servers until now. Is there a manual for this?

Also, does anyone else main Reisen? I've met players who could land 6A -> 5C -> 6A but I can't do it all.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »

You'll need t forward port 10600 I think it is (maybe it was 10800) for both UDP and... the other protocol. Once you do that you can host just fine. Don't need to forward ports to join games.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:13 pm »

That was fun games. 

Clauxus and....I forget the name sorry.  Watching you two do those Remilia vs Meiling fights... that was something else.  You two are beasts.

Game is hard  :'(
oh well i'll just have to practice.
You said you were only playing a couple days?  That's not bad considering.  Most of the people in the channel felt like they've been playing a year at least.  I can't speak for anyone else but just about everyone kept me on my toes.

I was the Remilia. And yeah like a few others here, I've been playing fighter games for most of my life. Having siblings really helped with that. And I've got some time logged on soku as well obviously. And glad you enjoyed the matches. ^^

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »

10800 TCP and UDP  Right on the 2nd one. 

Hosts could specify custom ports as well if they choose, though the client would have to know the adjusted port number as well as the IP.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2013, 12:45:57 am »

Yup, good games, everyone! Even though I played one person.

I've been playing at least 3 years but not actively. More like in short bursts of hyperactivity then not touching the game for months.

Also don't make the same mistake I did. It appears UDP is more important than TCP, since when I tried with only TCP forwarded, it wouldn't connect and I was very distressed. I can host fine with UDP only, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2013, 10:42:04 pm »

Yup, about the same here with playing in short hyperactive bursts punctuated with months of inactivity. Anyways had some good Iku vs Iku matches with Lumonen earlier.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25:43 pm »

I completely forgot this existed, I'll have to come in tomorrow.

Also, one, aya's ducking sprite is hilarious, two, I got to the end of reimu's story mode in the original 10.5 and hello instakill spellcard spam.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

Jus a lil bump.

Hoping to see a few more people playing since it is saturday afterall.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:58 pm »

Urgh, I just lag too damn much.

I can play EYE with only a bit of lag though.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »

I can reccomend sokuroll, it turned me and siraaron's stuff from unplayable to lag free. With that said this means you'd have to find someone else that has sokuroll. I'll also pop on for a few matches sure!

EDIT: I also feel the need to mention sokuroll for whatever reason sometimes doesn't work even if loaded, so keep trying it in future matches, it'll eventually click on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:50:01 pm by Seriyu »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku; Iceball has gone months without internet edition
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »

Yeah I probably should look into sokuroll, if only to be able to play with those who need it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »

A friend had me screw around with th13.5.  Not really a fan of it so far.  I like th12.3's system much better.

I haven't noticed much difference with sokuroll, but the same deal, I'm keeping it for folks who do.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:14:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »

Had a blast during a series of matches Versus Greiger, where is your general location anyway? I lag tons versus everyone else I tried playing. That Meiling VS Utsuho was a major upset in my eyes.

Still can't decide if I'm better with Reisen or Sakuya. The random character matches taught me a lot though. After repeatedly trouncing Lunatic AI without batting an eye; fighting another player of my level was a humbling experience.

Note to self: Copy all decks to all elements.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:23:49 pm by Blaze »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »

I hate fighting Sakuya.  I'm told she's supposed to be the worst, but I just can't manage to keep track of if those knives will bounce or not.

I'm located in Daytona Beach Florida.  So, Southeast US.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9