Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Noble troble, help please.  (Read 1486 times)

somebody64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble troble, help please.
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:17 pm »

I was wondering what I am lacking, and help would be appreciated. I currently have a mayor, and im looking to get the upgrade to baron. I know it requires 100k created wealth and 10k exported wealth. Ive roughly tripled that, and no baron. what are the other requirements?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble troble, help please.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 01:51:19 pm »

patience
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

my created wealth is over 3 million, but I still have no baron. I dont see what they get you anyway?

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 03:38:18 pm »

my created wealth is over 3 million, but I still have no baron. I dont see what they get you anyway?

Someone who can make more mandates and whine about more things.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:24:52 pm »

Someone who can make more mandates and whine about more things.

Noble trouble and make it double!
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:55 pm »

AFAIK the baron's appointment is slightly bugged - you can't let the liaison talk to your mayor until the dwarven caravan has left the map.

Also, the first thing that I thought when I read the thread title was "Looks like it's time to prescribe magma again!"
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 07:52:26 pm »

Remember that one of the requirements for Baron is having magma on hand.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:01 pm »

Whats your population at?

Another trick is to give offerings to the dwarf merchants. That kicked in the upgrade from mayor only to mayor + baron, and from baron to count.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:38:58 pm »

Wait, you actually want a baron?   ???  In that case, you should probably a) check your population, your wealth, and that you haven't already had a baron who died or something (I forget the actual requirements), and b) see a psychiatrist, because something is wrong in your head.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »

b) see a psychiatrist, because something is wrong in your head.
some folks like the extra challenge of keeping nobles satisfied.

Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:25 pm »

I hope nobody threatens to burn me (not before I put a bolt through thy face!) if I say this, but, I'd actually comply with nobles and their requirements. If they mandate the making stuff out of something I don't have, I'll simply ignore it. HOWEVER, the unhappy thought from having a mandate or demand ignored will be negated by having separate (literally) king-sized rooms with mithril furniture and a bed studded with gold and platinum (I use Civilization Forge, I've fiddled around with the smelter, alchemy, and iron-works reactions to make them spew out otherwise rare and scarce metals).

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 11:41:19 pm »

Well it's really not much of a challenge if you pick someone who likes iron, bronze, bins and other easily satisfied crap like I do :)

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:47:08 am »

Well it's really not much of a challenge if you pick someone who likes iron, bronze, bins and other easily satisfied crap like I do :)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoringButPractical
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 02:01:37 am »

sounds like someone needs to revisit the definition of fun!(tm)

and btw, the fastest way to get a baron is to have half of your dwarves dropped into magma (or some other similarly brutal death). Current theory is that this persuades the outpost liason of your dwarfhood, and convinces him to let you be a barony.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:37 am »

The question that we all have left unasked: Somebody, why in Armok's name do you want a baron? Wouldn't it be easier to just arbitrarily kill dwarfs off and occasionally keep yourself from exporting or importing random materials?
Pages: [1] 2