Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Things Bay12ers can no longer do in a RPG  (Read 35772 times)

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things Bay12ers can no longer do in a RPG
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »

75. Not allowed to loot an item shop and sell back the items to the shop owner.

I remember if you attempted to do this on one of the zelda games for gameboy, the shopkeeper would just immediately kill you. It was always entertaining though.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 11:26:27 pm »

>.>
<.<
Watching...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2011, 12:24:52 am »

75. Not allowed to loot an item shop and sell back the items to the shop owner.

I remember if you attempted to do this on one of the zelda games for gameboy, the shopkeeper would just immediately kill you. It was always entertaining though.
No, that was just if you stole something successfully; the game changed your name permanently to THIEF and instakilled you if you ever returned to him, so you can't really sell it back.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2011, 01:21:05 am »

72. Newsmuffin is not allowed to force Glyphgryph into making a scene involving seduction.
But Glyph did it of his own free will- GOD DAMN IT.
FUCKING TUESDAYS.

76: No, the clerk will not give you a battle cruiser, no matter how low you roll.
76a: If he did, it would be so large that it crushed the entire camp, resulting in a TPK.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2011, 01:48:27 am »

25. Terenos is not allowed to roll three sixes in a row when in combat with the shock-revealed big-bad villain. :P

Damn straight.

Heyyyyyyyyyy
25a: Unless its so ridiculously unexpected(and awesome!) that you have to let it go.

Now for my other contributions! These are from games I've played, or games I've gmed.

77: Fire is not the be all, end all of problem solving. Regardless of how many supplies to dispense fire we may have brought.
78: We are no longer allowed to threaten innocent street vendors. They don't know anything.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2011, 01:51:47 am »

79: Players should not enter the void.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2011, 01:52:54 am »

80: Don't make it so only certain members of your choice can enter your game. It's a game, not a social club
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:18 am »

77: Fire is not the be all, end all of problem solving. Regardless of how many supplies to dispense fire we may have brought.

77b: This addendum covers all potential applications of both magma and lava, as well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:15 am »

81. No shunting people into space like a Xenomorph in the first movie.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:48 am »

82. Quit starting new forum games when you are currently ignoring a currently active game, either as a player or as a GM.

83. QUIT HAVING BAD STUFF HAPPEN TO ME ON FUCKING TUESDAYS
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:10 am »

82. Quit starting new forum games when you are currently ignoring a currently active game, either as a player or as a GM.

83. QUIT HAVING BAD STUFF HAPPEN TO ME ON FUCKING TUESDAYS
I'M SORRY.

82a: I'M SORRY

84: Holding desk clerks at gunpoint only works so many times.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:28 am »

80: Don't make it so only certain members of your choice can enter your game. It's a game, not a social club
Does that even happen here? I'm pretty sure most games in Bay 12 are first come, first serve. Granted, that means certain members can show up in a lot of games, but that's hardly the GM's fault.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 03:33:31 am »

Does that even happen here? I'm pretty sure most games in Bay 12 are first come, first serve. Granted, that means certain members can show up in a lot of games, but that's hardly the GM's fault.

We've had hard core RP games that had GM's vet the people in said game. I don't see much wrong with it, personally, as in every case that I can remember, it was usually pretty justified, like having a game involving making totally new civilizations, and then having one person put in an obviously 3rd rate one. But I haven't been reading much of FG&RP lately, so I don't know the current scope.

85. GM's magic system takes precedence over player's.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2011, 03:45:27 am »

We've had hard core RP games that had GM's vet the people in said game. I don't see much wrong with it, personally, as in every case that I can remember, it was usually pretty justified, like having a game involving making totally new civilizations, and then having one person put in an obviously 3rd rate one. But I haven't been reading much of FG&RP lately, so I don't know the current scope.

85. GM's magic system takes precedence over player's.

85a. Especially if the player is a kobold.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2011, 04:12:29 am »

70. Darvi cannot hug you, shake your hand, give you a brofist, carry an important item, or engage in fistfights. With his left arm.
D:

86. Any event that leads me to being worshipped as the god of flames, fire, lava, magma, colateral damage or penguins gets retroactively prohibited.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:18:01 am by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32