Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Fammly Mansion challenge  (Read 464 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Dwarven Fammly Mansion challenge
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:54:34 am »

Ok, so the challenge is symple. Embark as either a dead civ or set your popcap down to less than 30. The goal is to survive for longer than 12 years(To see at least one dwarf grow up), and defend against at least 3 seiges.

What do you think. Bonus, give every dwarf the highest standard of living you can possibly get.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Fammly Mansion challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:57:18 am »

Possible. But not quite difficult enough. Maybe only surface buildings might make it a little harder. The way you set it is how I play the game as I hate migrants. ^^^ is every one of my forts.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:01:57 am »

What I'd do instead - keeping 'family mansion' as a challenge - have a normal fort until you get a married couple. Once you get that, boot everyone out - including immigrants - and only have a pair of dwarves populate the fort with their kiddies. Might be fun, since children are mostly useless.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:53 am »

What I'd do instead - keeping 'family mansion' as a challenge - have a normal fort until you get a married couple. Once you get that, boot everyone out - including immigrants - and only have a pair of dwarves populate the fort with their kiddies. Might be fun, since children are mostly useless.
by fun you mean waiting for 45 years until you get enough people in your fort who are adults?

@gamelrod, I know. I hate migrants too. Thats why I usually either torture them or set the popcap low.