Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: embark only 1 dwarf?  (Read 1638 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
embark only 1 dwarf?
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:05 am »

i just downloaded the newest version of the game (genesis mod) and embarked but i only got 1 dwarf thought we were supposed to have 7, not sure what is going on here ;c

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: embark only 1 dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:07:48 am »

Really? Only one? Did it have 7 on the list for skils?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 05:09:05 am »

no only 1 dwarf showed up on that list

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:10:53 am »

Have you tried embarking again? If it happens repeatedly then 'reinstall'
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 05:12:16 am »

Whoa, whoa, hang on here. One dwarf? Do not underestimate the potential for a damn good story here!

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:16:36 am »

yea it seems like it only happened on this 1 embark, i did a copy paste of the game folder and tried again and i got 7 this time.

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:43 am »

Did you keep the save with 1 dwarf?

HERMIT FORTRESS
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:02:07 am »

Also, if you kept the fortress itself, could you please upload the save to the DFFD, and post a bug report on the bug tracker?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:29:40 am »

Also, if you kept the fortress itself, could you please upload the save to the DFFD, and post a bug report on the bug tracker?

well i kept the fortress but i've been playing it. so i don't know how useful the file would be. up to 80 dwarfs now from migrants and what not.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:33:33 am »

Some perfectionist hermit players would love that 1 dwarf save, as otherwise they have to murder the other 6 dwarves at the start and that clutters up the unit list.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:05:35 am »

well i kept the fortress but i've been playing it. so i don't know how useful the file would be. up to 80 dwarfs now from migrants and what not.
Well, since the game saves immigration to your fortress as historical events, it could still be useful, but it's unfortunate not to have a save where the glitch is immediately visible. You said that was the very first game you played with that version?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu