Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Dungeon - A tale of Axes  (Read 6267 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon - A tale of Axes
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 01:37:51 am »

"Stupid roof-axe! Grodab smash yoooou!!"
Smash the next one, in much the same manner.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2011, 12:08:25 am »

Double-post to bump? :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2011, 01:03:32 am »

Forgot about this. Sorry.

next blade
"Stupid roof-axe! Grodab smash yoooou!!"
Smash the next one, in much the same manner.

Raising your axe you prepare to swing it into the top part of the axe, hoping to slow it down enough for Grodab to hit it just right. (Required roll: 2. Roll 4) Putting all your strength into it, you swing your weapon. The blade chops into the wood, substantially slowing down the swing.
[2+2] Grodab, with help, luckily has the time to break off the axe part. Bringing the handle down on the loose area the axe plops off. [5] And luckily it was swinging away from you, as the other had been. You had just taken down another "roof-axe."

Try to heal my wounds and rest.

[5] You currently cannot rest, as you are in the middle of a dungeon and people are breaking dangerous items around you. You, however, manage to rip off part of your shirt and create a makeshift bandage around one of your wounds. You do this several times until the cuts do not hinder you as much. (You are back to full health)

Awwww, its so cute... In a horrible, mutated freak of nature way. But cute, nonetheless.

Head back to the previous room and search it. It must surely contain something of interest!

[6] Cautiously you move back into the room, keeping your ears open and scanning the area you finally hear a low hissing noise. You ready yourself and turn around midswing. The axe chops into the creature, the head rolling off of its body.
Unluckily you still hear that hissing noise. [5] And you quickly realize another one of those things is nearby. You turn around, swinging as you turn as you did the other, and you [6] hit it. This damages it slightly but also enrages it. The monster gains a +1 to combat.

BATTLE:
[Leon - 5/5 Monster- 6/6]

[1 - 1+1] Draw The lizard monster, using its spear, sweeps it underneath your feet clumsily. You, however, are just as clumsy and you drop to the ground. Due to your clumsiness you hit your head on the stone, leaving a small mark of blood on the floor. [Leon 4/5 - Monster - 6/6]

[4 - 5+1] Using your disadvantage it raises the spear high above its head and plunges it downwards, towards your stomach. It is most likely hoping to impale you, but it fails. Just as it is about to hit its target you roll to the side, the spear cutting through your shoulder a bit.
[Leon 3/5 - Monster 6/6]

[5 - 1+1] It pulls the spear out of you and thrusts it downward again, obviously hoping to hit you this time. It misses again and the spear gets stuck in a crack between the stone, leaving the monster wide open as it struggles to remove it. You use this opportunity to get up and slash at the monster. The sword cuts into the leg of the creature, making it whimper in pain.
[6] Your lizard-dog-mutant up until now has been quiet, and it joins in on the fight. However it only decides to attack once. [5] The one attack is a hit, though, and the dog bites into the already cut up leg of your opponent.
[Leon 3/5 - Monster 4/6]

[2 - 4+1] The monster [6] manages to unlodge the spear, but the tip has broken off. Leaving it a bit useless and giving the monster a -1. It still manages to hit you, however, and slams the stick into your stomach. (Monster no longer has +1)
[Zako 2/5 - Creature 4/6]

[6 - 5] It tries turning the stick so the other side hits you, but it fails and ends up hitting itself as it turns it. As it is cursing in an unknown language you take the time to thrust at it. The sword tip digs into the upper body of the creature, causing it to cringe in pain.
[Zako 2/5 - Creature 3/6]

[3 - 2] The previous attack left it stunned, and you slice the sword upward. You connect once again and the blade is lodged firmly into the arm of the creature. You twist around the weapon and this leaves it howling like a monkey.
[Zako 2/5 - Creature 2/6]

[3 - 2] You decide to mess with the lizard even more, seeing as it is already in so much pain. You turn the blade to the side and drag it inside the wound. This causes some skin, mixed with muscle and other things, to be cut off from the arm. It now has several wounds and a partially skinned arm.
[Zako 2/5 - Creature 1/6]

[2 - 4] You enjoy tormenting it for far too long and it finally musters up the strength to jab the pole into you again. This manages to dislodge the sword and cause you more pain.
[Zako 1/5 - Creature 1/6]

[5 - 1] You drop your sword and grab the pole from the creature. Raising it high you slam it down onto your knee, snapping it in half and creating two sharp sticks. Thrusting these into the monster you drive it backwards into the wall and lodge the sticks into the stone, making the creature bleed even more. You take your time as you walk back into the other room and grab that staff. When you get back you raise the butt of the staff to the creature's forehead and slam the weapon into it several times.
[Zako 1/5 - Creature 0/6]

Passage should be safe for Grodab and crew to continue on, if you manage to not activate anything.
Leon just brained a lizard creature. You may search the other room or backtrack. Or do something else.

Edit: I'm kind of tired, so sorry if this is messy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:11:36 am by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2011, 03:10:55 am »

Ok, it seems that you have forgotten about my iron armor (+1 to defense) and my sword (+1 blocking) bonus' when doing the battle. I'm happy with the result, but if you could refund me some hp because of you not taking into account these bonus', then that would be great and you would not have to do all those rolls again.

Pat my pet mutant in thanks. Ask if it has a name, if it doesn't have one, I shall name it Leeroy. Then search the room for stuff.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2011, 04:01:08 am »

I wanted to help, too!
I'll help the barbarian, too.
Doesn't matter, they succeeded without my help. Anyway.
I'll proceed, and check what lies beyond.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2011, 04:31:36 am »

can you see any more axes?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2011, 07:58:29 am »

Carefully advance through the room.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2011, 10:21:26 am »

Seeing no more roof-axes, Grodab barges on through, squinting ahead for something to hit, axe resting over one shoulder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]