Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Did I kill them all?  (Read 1503 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Did I kill them all?
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »

It's been about two years now since I killed the Goblin Master and since then, not a single siege, ambush, thief or snatcher.  Did I kill everyone?  Is that possible?  I didn't kill all that many.  Maybe three sieges worth.  Do I now have to tick off the elves or humans so I can have more fun?
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Did I kill them all?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:41:04 pm »

They'll be back.  They always come back.  Usually when you're least prepared.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »

Sieges slow down and no longer have mounts after you kill the leader. They'll never stop entirely, though.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »

I wish there was one final siege where all the goblins/humans/elves/whatever would show up with tons of troops and their king.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:42:51 pm »

I don't know about kings, but i got the elven princess once.  Didn't manage to kill her, sadly. (was early in the fortress's life before i had a good set of militiadwarves)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »

i got the elven princess once.  Didn't manage to kill her

I once saw a guy who typed that he got a male elvish princess. Yes, a male princess.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »

Actually, that was mine haha.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:10:16 pm »

Actually, that was mine haha.

When I saw that post, I thought, "How the hell do you manage THAT?".

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »

I'd completely forgotten it was male elvish princess till you mentioned that.  Had to even go search the forums to make sure it was my fort (it is).  I have no idea how that happened.  Mine's just a vanilla 31.25 fort save for the Ironside image tileset.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 11:29:42 pm »

I wish there was one final siege where all the goblins/humans/elves/whatever would show up with tons of troops and their king.

well, we have the big siege with the king and all..... it's just not the final one.  on both forts that i've managed to get enemy civ leaders to attack, it has been the second(!) siege.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:24:43 am »

I'd completely forgotten it was male elvish princess till you mentioned that.  Had to even go search the forums to make sure it was my fort (it is).  I have no idea how that happened.  Mine's just a vanilla 31.25 fort save for the Ironside image tileset.

Its quite simple. A life of hugging trees and living above ground will turn anyone into a pansy.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13:33 am »

"Sir, do we REALLY need to abandon our safe forest retreat and attack them with everything we got?"
"Yes."
"Even though they have never attacked our homelands?"
"YES!"
"You know that our last attack died horribly in magma?"
"SILENCE! IT DOESN'T MATTER, THOSE DWARVES DEFILED A TREE! PREPARE THE PLANT GATHERERS!"

"And this, children, is the story of the third civilization I annihilated with nothing more then my beard and a trusty lever."
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 01:33:46 am »

the tags for limiting nobles to a single gender are broken. Elves are intended to only have female royalty, but males get in through the glitch.
くコ:彡

Camper2490

• Bay Watcher
  • Imbibo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:15 am »

Those elves are all rather androgynous anyway...
The interesting thing about dwarves is that they don't have an immune system, but rather the ability to maintain an extremely high blood alcohol content for extended periods of time.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 01:40:10 am »

My current Elvish princess is male too... he's married to the queen. The previous queen was male, as well.  :-\
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.
Pages: [1] 2