Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pokemon Tower  (Read 1131 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Pokemon Tower
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

At the moment I'm making the pokemon tower in my fort there's just one thing how can i make sure dwarfs and other creatures won't walk over coffins but instead use a other path without lining all the coffins with satues or fortifications?

First level counter and the random citizens:

Second level where your rival is, minus his raticate that is:

Third level with some channelers depicted as statues:

Fourth level more channelers and more coffins:

Fifth level with some grates and channelers still need to make items which appear as pokéballs:

Sixth level the one with channelers and the one where you need the silph co. scope if I remember correctly this is also where you fight mother Marowak:

And the top level with the rocket grunts:

That should be it give me some suggestions on what to do.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:42:00 am by HorridOwn4ge »
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Zaibusa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Tower
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:31 pm »

Designate traffic areas (restricted ones for the coffins)

I think it's D-O-R, but definitly in the designations menu

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »

You'll also want high traffic areas  (d-o-h) in the areas you want the dwarves to travel.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:36:45 pm »

Is there a way to make sure goblins wont run through my coffins too?
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Zaibusa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »

sure, kill them before they get there

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

And how can I can make a upright candy weapon which I can deconstruct by myself as an adventurer?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:58:35 pm »

And how can I can make a upright candy weapon which I can deconstruct by myself as an adventurer?

Find it. You might also be able to make a weapon rack with weapons on it, and then take the weapon off, but you'll have to use DFhack to designate it as a lair, or else everything will be scattered.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »

I mean like one of those things you find in 'curious' underground structures.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:47 pm »

You'd have to (temporarily) mod the type of sword you want to use the spear skill, then build the upright weapon trap, then mod them back to being swords.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:05:42 pm »

I mean like one of those things you find in 'curious' underground structures.
Yeah, you can't make one. You have to either find it and create a path to it, or try to replicate it. You may be able to make a similar building in the raws, but I'm not well-enough acquainted with the raws to say so one way or the other.

Or what Urist Imiknorris said while I typed.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 07:09:11 pm »

You'd have to (temporarily) mod the type of sword you want to use the spear skill, then build the upright weapon trap, then mod them back to being swords.

Can I deconstruct them being a adventurer?

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 04:50:35 am »

I'm now making statues as trainers what other suggestions do you guys have?

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 05:14:05 am »

I'm now making statues as trainers what other suggestions do you guys have?

Mod some animals so they can be trained as war animals, then put them in a pit with aggressive untamed animals.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 05:24:21 am »

BTW is there a way too make some ghosts roam in the tower?

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 05:29:50 am »

BTW is there a way too make some ghosts roam in the tower?

Ghosts will follow people they knew in life. So have some 'accidents' with certain dwarves, don't bury them and then have the dwarf they're following up in the tower doing something.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks
Pages: [1] 2