Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven evaporator  (Read 616 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Dwarven evaporator
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:01 pm »

It would be like this :a machine that vaporizes liquids or items (extracts,they aren't liquids, are they?) this vaporized extract would carry a syndrome or it would simply create blisters and/or make the targeted creature to faint. (well,the machine wouldn't have a target, it would be listed on the siege engine menu)as said before it wouldn't have a target it would simply vaporizes the liquid trought it nozzle like this :

X X X ^ X X X
   X M MX
   X X X X
X=Wall
M=Machine
^=nozzle or tube
It could have mutiple nozzles connected to it but it would need to larger (yes,adjustable size) and more Fuel to keep the steam steady,the nozzle would  a separate part (or not) and it would only release the gas on the direction which it would be pointing.(it simble could be this simble ^) and it would need to be connected to an pipe wich is connected to the machine,but it could also be connect directly to the machine.

we're going to need some new plants or extracts to make this have some !!FUN!! effects,like an plant thats produces a powerful sedative wich when breathed by most creatures sedates then for like 15 days,giving time for them be arrested,or just make their bodys rot.

The machine would need one cauldron, one mechanism and one block per square build with a limit of 5 squares,the nozzle would be a separate object built from metal or stone and pipes could be be built with tubes or pipes.(there is going to be vertical and horizontal pipes.)
To make the machine work it would be needed to have water, the desired extract and one unit of coal (varies with size.)

The deactivation and activation of the machine would be exactly the same as the others siege engines.

I guess as we are DF players I don't need to say the infinite uses and aplications of this.
iscuss.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven evaporator
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:50:08 pm »

So basicly some sort of heater device? I guess adding a heater and some sort of containment with the option to designate what you want to put in it seems good. Potentially a candidate for !!SCIENCE!!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:03:18 pm »

kind  of but sinstead of producing heat it produces gas.

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Camper2490

• Bay Watcher
  • Imbibo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:54:48 am »

Loading it with blood barrels would be useful for some sort of temple to Armok, or to coat your berserkers before combat.
The interesting thing about dwarves is that they don't have an immune system, but rather the ability to maintain an extremely high blood alcohol content for extended periods of time.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:56 am »

We could have an option in the "k" menu like: (e)vaporator (similar to dump),and in the d->o menu too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:23:11 pm by peskyninja »