Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Artifact pick?  (Read 2399 times)

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact pick?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 08:14:12 pm »

Once i had a FB get into my fort that was made of petrified wood and sprayed out boiling hot fluid all around it from time to time.
And it got into my main stair well>.>
90% of my fort had blisters everywere including there lungs and my copper clad military was doing nothing to it so I killed the fort there.
It was preety sweet seeing your whole fort suffocate though :P
And before you say just use more magma I dident even get too the third cavern layer let alone the magma sea :P
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 08:54:52 pm »

At first I was like

hate elves but can't be hitler and I was liek "...BUT ITS ELVES."  but then I was liek two front war and I was liek "oh this isn't a matter of ethics.  THAT IS DIFFERENT."

xD I did the same thing... "Did he really just pull a Godwin's Law? Wait. No. Not really."
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 10:10:26 pm »

haha, sorry. it was the first example in my mind.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »

Ok, so a decked out Pick - does it have extra weight?  Would Extra Weight help?  If so, could a person encrust a bunch of stuff onto a weapon to change its impact?  IE heavy shields are good... can we make them heavier?
I think I might have to go investigate on my own...

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:34 pm »

Ok, so a decked out Pick - does it have extra weight?  Would Extra Weight help?  If so, could a person encrust a bunch of stuff onto a weapon to change its impact?  IE heavy shields are good... can we make them heavier?
I think I might have to go investigate on my own...
I used to encrust Bolts with Lead. Doesn't help, from what I've been told, but I'm, playing .31.18, so it may be different for you .25ers.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:55 pm »

Unfortunately adding 145 weight in Buffalo bones did not change the weight of my axe...
darn

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:48 am »

Decorations have no effect on weight. They only affect value and weather or not they will piss off the elves.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:41 am »

At first I was like

hate elves but can't be hitler and I was liek "...BUT ITS ELVES."  but then I was liek two front war and I was liek "oh this isn't a matter of ethics.  THAT IS DIFFERENT."

xD I did the same thing... "Did he really just pull a Godwin's Law? Wait. No. Not really."

Godwin's law only counts against non-valid comparsions and comparing a possible two-front war to Hitler and Nazi Germany is very much valid, after all they got their arses kicked on 2 (or technically at least 3) fronts.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?
Pages: 1 2 [3]