Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: ADOM: The crying game  (Read 15759 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: ADOM: The crying game
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

Anyone who wants to make a new roguelike would do well to take the good points from it and DF Adventure together.

Thomas Biskup is already working on JADE, which is going to be like that. On the other hand, I've always preferred "simpler" Roguelikes, like Crawl. Quests and such are nice, but it starts to suck seeing the same story bits over and over again.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 03:19:07 pm »

Can't get enough monks/weaponsmiths myself. On that note, what's some ways to keep a weaponsmith alive until you can find a forge? My best weaponsmith made cleared I believe 2 dungeons before dying and that was because I took the heir talent and got a mithril warhammer.

Unless it's just bad playing on my part, in whichcase say so. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »

A mithril warhammer is pretty good. Last time I checked(I was doing tests to see what race/class got what), that warhammer should also be blessed and have a prefix(the "brutal" prefix, when I tested it).

Speaking of testing for Heir, what do hurthling archers get? I tested it with other races, and they get blessed winged <ammo> of hunting, and the ammo type was based off of racial preferences. Most got arrows, gnomes get quarrels(I forget if I tried with dark elves, but I assume they get quarrels/tiny quarrels). I'd assume hurthlings get rocks(hurthling archers do normally), but I've never heard of "winged" rocks.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 05:13:54 pm »

Drakelings might be the best for that, since scurgari don't break (afaik) like arrows/quarrels do.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2011, 05:31:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure heir is decided soley by class, so a hurthling archer would get what any other archer gets. And yeah, it had brutal on it, not sure if it was blessed but probably.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:21 pm »

Thieves have an awesome Heir item too- probably the second best.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2011, 06:50:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure heir is decided soley by class, so a hurthling archer would get what any other archer gets. And yeah, it had brutal on it, not sure if it was blessed but probably.
There are differences between race. While the item type and function are the same, you might get a slightly different specific item. Farmers, for example, get get vigilant clothes of resilience, but troll farmers get vigilant light furs of resilience(which provide +1PV).

And yes, the thief's knife is pretty damn powerful. It has the same effect(bypass PV) as a phase dagger, but with more damage. Great for Molochs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »

A mithril warhammer is pretty good. Last time I checked(I was doing tests to see what race/class got what), that warhammer should also be blessed and have a prefix(the "brutal" prefix, when I tested it).

Speaking of testing for Heir, what do hurthling archers get? I tested it with other races, and they get blessed winged <ammo> of hunting, and the ammo type was based off of racial preferences. Most got arrows, gnomes get quarrels(I forget if I tried with dark elves, but I assume they get quarrels/tiny quarrels). I'd assume hurthlings get rocks(hurthling archers do normally), but I've never heard of "winged" rocks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:48:46 pm by Taniec »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:52 pm »

There are differences between race. While the item type and function are the same, you might get a slightly different specific item. Farmers, for example, get get vigilant clothes of resilience, but troll farmers get vigilant light furs of resilience(which provide +1PV).

And yes, the thief's knife is pretty damn powerful. It has the same effect(bypass PV) as a phase dagger, but with more damage. Great for Molochs.

Ah, wow didn't know that. Good to know.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:11 am »

Ok, how the bloody hell do I spit acid as a Drakeling? Apparently I can do it at the cost of fatigue, but I can't find an option to.  >:(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 07:12:49 am »

It's z or x, I believe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:44 am »

neither

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 09:37:20 am »

m    Use special ability

That should be it.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 02:33:36 pm »

Is it true that there really is no tileset anywhere to be found for ADOM? I used to play ASCII all the time but then after I got used to tiles I haven't really been able to come back(not entirely true, I do enjoy Brogue and Caves of Qud..) but ADOM would be fun with tiles.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 03:10:21 pm »

Nope no tiles. I feel the same way, but whatcha gonna do.

I recently died from mindblasting around through walls looking for tension rooms, and I found it, oh yes. It was full of undead.

>:(

Also I've officially had my first death from being sacrificed by a goblin. Didn't know they could do it from across the room like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8