Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 33c - Mass dehydration  (Read 848 times)

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
33c - Mass dehydration
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »

I ran out of alcohol, and soon after the rivers froze over.  I made some more barrels and then some more alcohol, but they still won't drink, even though many are "no job" while a few barrels of the stuff have been sitting in the stockpiles for the last ten minutes.

Here is a copy of the save: http://www.boogatech.com/temp/region3.zip

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 33c - Mass dehydration
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »

I mined into the aquifer, and the drank from that even though there were barels of beer long before the aquifer source.

I would also like to mention that this save contains a legendary engraver who is holding a bag containing five rat weed seeds and a child.  The child can't get out, and the engraver won't stop carrying the bag for some odd reason.  The child will eventually go insane, even though according to th4e thoughts, the other dwarves are apparently sticking food in the bag for the child to eat on occasion.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Markham:
<STRONG> I would also like to mention that this save contains a legendary engraver who is holding a bag containing five rat weed seeds and a child.  The child can't get out, and the engraver won't stop carrying the bag for some odd reason.  The child will eventually go insane, even though according to th4e thoughts, the other dwarves are apparently sticking food in the bag for the child to eat on occasion.</STRONG>

Huh. That's.. interesting. Sounds like an issue with a goblin snatcher. Did one put it in there and get killed, and then the dwarves never let the child out, for some reason?

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »

It's probably a goblin snatcher attempt, but the other children were let out of their bags.  She's still in the bag, however, and has grown to be a peasant.  She's still being fed and given water, apparently.  There's some perch bones in the bag with the rat weed seeds now.  Still being carried around by my legendary engraver.

[ November 24, 2007: Message edited by: Markham ]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »

The more complex these things get, the more hilarious the bugs get...
a PEASANT? In a BAG???? Being given food??????????????!!!!
I REALLY want to know what you get if you visit this fortress with an adventurer and take the bag...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:00 am »

Okay, I've downloaded the save.  I'll get to it when I can.  Could the alcohol be frozen?  I'm not sure if it has text for that.  It seems there are more children failing to get out of bags recently.  Perhaps it's all the new lead in the game.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Chork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 07:54:00 am »

Or perhaps she lived under dwarven power lines as a child.    :roll:

Aspartic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »

Maybe its a very cozy bag?
o matter the cost.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »

Maybe their parents are just highly, highly overprotective, to the point they'll keep the poor bastard in the bag until he flips his lid? :P

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »

I've lived in this bag ever since the Bad Men came.  Mother says it's for the best.  Outside, she says, the world is cold and uncomforting, and the only honesty is in unforgiving, never-ending, hard labor.  The world outside is so dark that the weak are torn between only alcoholism and sleep.  Mother says I'm meant for more than that ugly world has to offer.  She gives me rat weed.  It tastes like the Bad Men smell, but Mother says it's all she can spare for now.  Mother cries sometimes.  She says the good ones always die.  I think she means Dad.  Mother says she'll let me out when I'm elected Mayor, and that everyone will love me.  I practice my election speeches here in the dark.  It's dusty, and my throat chokes up, but when I'm elected, I know that I won't stutter at all.  I'll assign a dog to every dwarf, and the Bad Men will be too scared to come, and they'll wheeze in their dusty tunnels and have to eat rat weed, and I'll build a gigantic pyramid out of crystal glass for Mother, a pyramid so tall that eagles won't be able to fly over its peak.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »

You misunderstood. That dwarf isn't in the bag; everyone else is in the bag. She's equally confused as to why everyone is hanging around in there. =P

Keizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Proving dwarven motorcycle gangs are yankees too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »

This is absolutely epic. I hope you make a save of this and store it somewhere.
火族

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nil Eyeglazed:
<STRONG>I've lived in this bag ever since the Bad Men came.  Mother says it's for the best.  Outside, she says, the world is cold and uncomforting, and the only honesty is in unforgiving, never-ending, hard labor.  The world outside is so dark that the weak are torn between only alcoholism and sleep.  Mother says I'm meant for more than that ugly world has to offer.  She gives me rat weed.  It tastes like the Bad Men smell, but Mother says it's all she can spare for now.  Mother cries sometimes.  She says the good ones always die.  I think she means Dad.  Mother says she'll let me out when I'm elected Mayor, and that everyone will love me.  I practice my election speeches here in the dark.  It's dusty, and my throat chokes up, but when I'm elected, I know that I won't stutter at all.  I'll assign a dog to every dwarf, and the Bad Men will be too scared to come, and they'll wheeze in their dusty tunnels and have to eat rat weed, and I'll build a gigantic pyramid out of crystal glass for Mother, a pyramid so tall that eagles won't be able to fly over its peak.</STRONG>

I love you. Have my babies.

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 02:22:00 am »

Today is a sad day for Fortress Singtongs the Seeker of Songs.  Peasant Stodir ezumtobul has finally starved to death in his bag after many years of living inside of it.  Morul Likotvel, the Clerk, still clings on to the (Stodir ezumtobul's corpse Bag (giant cave spider silk)), filled with rat weed seeds, fish bones, a turtle shell, and Stodir ezumtobul's corpse. May his spirit rest in peace, as his corpse will probably sit in the bag and decompose wherever Morul walks.

Morbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »

I couldn't stop laughing, funniest bug ever
y fortress is a truly horrible place to be. Imagine what other forts must be like if dwarves still imigrate there.
Pages: [1] 2