A. Awesome
- 1 (6.3%)
A. Adorable
- 2 (12.5%)
B. Both A. and A.
- 13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP  (Read 27087 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP (1 Slot Open)
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 02:47:02 am »

Gather more copeloids and oysters with methods as used before.

Send a hunting party equipped with shields, spears, and bullets (the polished stones) to gather food from the kelp forest. Look for fish and such. If any eggs found, bring back to Deephome for hatching.

Cut up some kelp to use as bags for the bullets

Set some lofani to making even more bullets

Scavenge the chasms for more shields and spears

Use sharpened rocks to "mine" stone from the chasms. Sharpen these new rocks.

Explore the larger crevice mentioned a few turns ago.

Set up a small outpost at the end of the chasms and the edge of the kelp forest. To be used by the hunting party and the scouts as a resting place between trips. Hide it with kelp and rocks.

Continue training anemones
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:52:58 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:30 am »

My impact spot shall be a (very small) tectonic rift, where the ocean floor is pulled apart and new rock is created in it's place. Specifically, I want to be in the very top part of the mantle. So what if such things don't exist near islands? Screw geology, this is a game!

How my race arrives: A small shuttle, completely made of odd, glowing green crystals flies above the planet. At one point, several shards fall off, and the craft flies off, never to be seen again. And while most of the shards burn in the atmosphere, one survives and punches straight through the crust at its weakest point: A rift. The crystal becomes embedded in the viscous magma, and begins to move... (Thumbs up if you get the reference!)

The seeder crystal begins converting the surrounding liquid rock into a proper command crystal and 5 synth ships.

The Pyroids have arrived on Tolla.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

You forgot about the 10-man scavenger group... You RP'd the other Ul'mare but those 10 men didn't do anything apparently o_O

A blue alga encrusts the walls in large patches, occasionally growing long enough to obscure the Seaborn’s view. The team continues along the tunnel cautiously. Ahead, the tunnel begins to narrow and split. A smaller tunnel (about big enough for one Ul’mare to go through at a time) goes off to the left and up while another goes the opposite direction and is a little wider. From the smaller tunnel comes a soft, echoing noise while the telltale light of lit up Heart Crystals comes from the wider one.

Capitol Orders:

First of all, have Ehndras use the Crystal Welder to fashion makeshift metal spears from plates from the pod shell. Weld some plate into the entrance of the northeastern cave, the north and south entrances, being sure to leave a section that can be opened to travel through. Also, have a small glass portal (window, eyehole) in all doors so that we can peer out to watch for danger. All this will use whatever metal is left over, including the metal plates from the pod shell. (Wall hatch/door)

Scouting Party Orders:

Take a small sample of blue algae to be put in the 3rd cell for study and slowly travel through both tunnels. Have the Ul'mare analyze the markings on the cavern walls to see what sort of creature this might be, as they go. Perhaps they can track it? The 10 Ul'mare will split into two groups and go down each tunnel, very carefully, so as to remain safe. At first sign of danger, quickly scout out the location and any details on the location and creature to be marked on a map later, and haul ass back to the capitol. Keep their eyes open for any interesting features, so that we may later explore and set up a colony in the deeper caverns.

Repeat Order:

3 Guards on Capitol patrol

Re-do of missed order:

4) Have a group of El'mare go back to the plateau to collect some thornweed brambles, shells,  random stones, and plenty of silk algae to make string with and weave into rope and netting. Set up a few nets outside of the caverns to ensure a constant inflow of captured fish/shrimp/etc. Perhaps we'll find a few surprises in the nets once in a while...

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »

Having bided their time patiently but long enough, the hatches of the Goabu pod suddenly release in a swirl of tiny bubbles. The Goab exit single-file in quiet procession and carefully survey the murky surroundings through slitted eyes. Several moments pass before they form a closed circle and bow to each other in silent acknowledgement. Suddenly they disperse, darting off in several different directions.

Half of these proceed to the edges of the first rectangular slab of stone, and then the next, inspecting the stones' surface, hardness, and the size and depth of the crevices between them.

The other two fourths swim north and south, each looking for either food (preferably vegetation) or any material that would be useful for digging, supporting weight, or crafting tools.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:35:46 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »

One of the most clever Yaffi will test the bacteria from the mats for edibility or other uses, while the strong Yaffi will split into the Construction group and the Defense group. The Defense group will begin patrols around our territory, looking for likely sites to expand and good food sources.
The Construction group will expand the home colony,using the metal plates to line tunnels dug around the vents. The largest Yaffi elects itself Visionary Yaa, naming the colony "Coilhome"
Visionary Yaa commands that any alien creatures be cautiously greeted, and only gently tasted.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51:44 pm »

BUMP?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »

((Shuuuuddup. *In a southern drawl* :D Sorry for the lack of update. It'll be a day or so (busy on the wiki and learning programming).

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

No bashing a good southern drawl, having one myself.

Take yer time.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

(( I wasn't bashing! I was saying that it an accent in which it could be appreciated! :D))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »

I never said that you were the one bashing it.

"No bashing it" as in it can't really be bashed.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2011, 11:19:35 pm »

In the meantime, I'll be updating the wiki. :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2011, 03:45:18 pm »

Also, do not plan on me making a permanent base.

;D

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2011, 03:49:18 pm »

Aww, god damn it. I thought Edio finally finished the update. :(

I've been refreshing every 5 minutes for 3 days now, lol...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:59 pm »

Same.

Have you seen Battlestar Galactica before?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

I believe we have an OOC.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14