A. Awesome
- 1 (6.3%)
A. Adorable
- 2 (12.5%)
B. Both A. and A.
- 13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP  (Read 27098 times)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »

((Score. I edited my action.))
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »

The strong Yaffi will dismantle the pod for parts, and try to excavate living and storage areas, while the swift Yaffi will widen the search pattern, looking for free swimming creatures to infest.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 06:32:45 pm »

((Apparently I have 23 guys now?))

Ul'mare Orders:

3 - El'mare guard the cavern proper ((Repeat))
2 - take the pieces of crystal and examine them to find their use. Perhaps they are hard enough to tip a spear or knife, or can create heat? Perhaps their excessive diamond-like hardness can be used to carve/shape metal, or they're useless and just for decoration...
10 - (!!!) El'mare go out to scavenge for food and whatever else they can find in the caves an plateau. ((The large group's numbers should ensure they remain safe, as a smaller group would be easily preyed upon, as well as ensure they will get a nice bounty of edibles to gnaw on and examine.))
5 - El'mare go with the food-scavenging group and instead search the soil and stone for shells, metals, and loose stones, anything we can use to create tools and improve our people's living situation.
2 - El'mare study the algae to see if it can be eaten or (if its too strong/rough/stringy) made into rope/string/cloth/etc.
1 El'mare examines the trapped shrimp for any growth, changes in coloration, etc. ((Perhaps if we let them grow, we can harvest them for materials besides food, like hard shells, spines, or some such))

((That makes 23. :) ))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 06:33:46 pm »

*poke* *poke* "This thing dead?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »

NOOOOO. I'm seriously considering rage-quitting because of my inadequacy. I just spent an hour making the next turn and it wanted me to log in when I clicked post. It didn't even save it... I can't believe I did that even after he told me to make it in a separate document. I have the status at least! I'm going to repost tomorrow when I'm less ragey at the Post button or later today if I calm down. Sorry guys.

A note, though: I won't let this die out unless the players don't want to play or I get bogged down by work. If I do decide to quit, I will announce it rather than just abandon it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:40:25 pm by Edio »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:59 pm »

NOOOOO. I'm seriously considering rage-quitting because of my inadequacy. I just spent an hour making the next turn and it wanted me to log in when I clicked post. It didn't even save it... I can't believe I did that even after he told me to make it in a separate document. I have the status at least! I'm going to repost tomorrow when I'm less ragey at the Post button or later today if I calm down. Sorry guys.

A note, though: I won't let this die out unless the players don't want to play or I get bogged down by work. If I do decide to quit, I will announce it rather than just abandon it.

Don't quit; learn from your mistakes! Its the only way to go :) This RP is too fun and promising to go down so early!

Lets goooooooooooooooooo!

((Note: Take your time, man. No one's rushing you. Better you take longer for better updates than stress yourself and give shit updates. This is supposed to be !!FUN!! afterall!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »

I'm not sure what I should think about !!FUN!!, but yeah. I'm not going to quit. It'll just be a little longer before the next update I guess.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 06:57:48 pm »

I'm surprisingly okay with waiting. I was just worried this would go the way of all rp's I join...

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 07:08:23 pm »

Turn 4

((Sorry for my little outburst. I think I got the turns to be about the same as before they were lost.))

Try to rescue the stuck lofani. Try hitting the tentacle with anything we can get our hands on. If it proves impossible, GET THE F*** OUT.
Lesson learned- DO NOT GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHASMS!!!
Actions
Get 5 lofani to build a crude walls out of the rocks and then place anemones on the wall.
Get 6 lofani to gather a quarter of the copepods. See if their edible.
Gather up five lofani and give them the "spears". Head near the rock oysters and prod them gently with one spear. If it opens, jam more spears inside and bash the oyster. Rinse and repeat.
Send a scouting party (2 lofani) to explore the small crevice. Bring spears and rocks if possible.
Send a scouting part (again 2) to explore the Upper Waters.
Get the remaining lofani to gather rocks. Polish them once they are gathered
   The beast’s attention is completely on the Lofan that it’s grappling with. The beast is so big, that its sucker is bigger than the Lofan it’s holding onto. Out of the abyss below appear three more tentacles. They begin scrabbling onto the rock to clear debris out of the way so it can pull the Lofan in. The Lofani see their comrade’s struggle and jet to his rescue. They launch several of the spears at the beast. Three hit the beast dead on in the arm holding the captured Lofan. It doesn’t seem to do any damage to it but rather annoys it. It drops the Lofan (who promptly flees) and reaches for the other retreating Lofani who stung it. Its sucker latches onto two of their upraised shields and pulls them into the abyss, knocking their owners back. Better the shields than themselves they think as they jet for the colony. They make it back safely apart from the loss of two shields and a few spears.
   The Lofani scouting party returns with tales of a terrifying beast locked deep below the chasm. Although some think the stories are much exaggerated, work is nevertheless begun upon a crude wall to keep out unwanted guests. Anemones are placed near the construction site to be attached to the wall on completion. The smaller rocks gathered are polished and smoothed instead of being used in the wall. A small crevice in the vicinity warrants the attention of the Lofani and they send a pair of scouts to check it out. Cold water seems to emanate from inside. Veins of a silver-blue metal line the walls: these seem to be the source of the intense cold.
   Food is a must and the copepods turn out to be delicious. The copepods are very small, so the Lofani are unable to catch them with their tentacles. They quickly discover that they can use their siphons to suck up large amounts of copepods. The only downside is that they are much slower on the return home. This is no problem to them right now, but may be difficult to manage if under attack from invaders. Nets or something similar would be a definite improvement, but not something necessary at the moment. The oysters don’t respond to prodding from the spears. You do find a few that are feeding and manage to stab the oysters inside before they snap shut.
   The dim sunlight filtering down from the crack far above also call out to the Shelled Ones. A team of two Lofani drift their way towards the brightness above. When they come out above, they see a bed of seaweed in all directions. Huge fish swim in schools far above, occasionally casting a shadow over them. Camp is set up as darkness sets in. The scouts will explore more tomorrow.

Separate the meat from the shell of the creature. Store the meat in the pod, and use the shell to fortify the walls.
Organize a second hunting party, but wait until the walls are finished to send it out.

The meat is stored back in the Pod after being separated from the large creature. The shell is used to reinforce the wall and is placed slightly underneath the surface of the mud while it is still drying in order to keep it in place. No sooner than the walls are reinforced and finished with a final layer of mud is a second hunting party sent out to bring in more food.
   The hunting party brings back a decent sized crab, more than enough to feed all the Smalls. Some of the crab is stored in the lower tunnels.

Have one group begin construction of a barracks near the shell. Have another group attempt to make rudimentary tools from the logs, such as weapons and hammers.

While they have as of yet gone without conflict, the Flannigans know that competition with other Smalls and predators will definitely be fierce. They decide to build a facility in which to train warriors for dealing with these threats. Most of the Flannigans start transporting kelp logs and fronds to the construction site near the Shell while others build tools to aid the construction itself.
   The metal scraps are used to make several different tools and weapons. About 10 axes are created to facilitate chopping of kelp. You also make some simple wooden hammers out of the kelp lumber to help with the building. You don’t think you can make much more advanced tools than the axes until you have the ability to work metal effectively.

The strong Yaffi will dismantle the pod for parts, and try to excavate living and storage areas, while the swift Yaffi will widen the search pattern, looking for free swimming creatures to infest.
   The strong Yaffi dig into the material deposited by the sulfur vent. The rock is a fragile composite of sulfur and bits of iron laced with tiny black chunks. The first thing to excavate is a storage area. The Pod inside the Yaffi’s shelter is dismantled for parts and stored in the newly dug storage area. The living areas are scheduled to be dug out tomorrow.
   The scouting Yaffi search the local sulfur vents for hours and can’t find a trace of anything else living in the area. They expand their search and survey the yellow bacterial mats. They find a large six-segmented crustacean grazing on the bacteria. It slowly paddles over the surface, nibbling with its tiny jaws. It has two pairs of legs on each side of a segment that are pointed at the end but have frilly paddles along their length. The shell is colored bright red and each segment has a dark orange oval on either side. It moves extremely slow and is oblivious to the Yaffi watching it. It doesn’t seem to be going anywhere fast, so the Yaffi make camp until morning. Hopefully, the creature will still be there.

((Apparently I have 23 guys now?))

Ul'mare Orders:

3 - El'mare guard the cavern proper ((Repeat))
2 - take the pieces of crystal and examine them to find their use. Perhaps they are hard enough to tip a spear or knife, or can create heat? Perhaps their excessive diamond-like hardness can be used to carve/shape metal, or they're useless and just for decoration...
10 - (!!!) El'mare go out to scavenge for food and whatever else they can find in the caves an plateau. ((The large group's numbers should ensure they remain safe, as a smaller group would be easily preyed upon, as well as ensure they will get a nice bounty of edibles to gnaw on and examine.))
5 - El'mare go with the food-scavenging group and instead search the soil and stone for shells, metals, and loose stones, anything we can use to create tools and improve our people's living situation.
2 - El'mare study the algae to see if it can be eaten or (if its too strong/rough/stringy) made into rope/string/cloth/etc.
1 El'mare examines the trapped shrimp for any growth, changes in coloration, etc. ((Perhaps if we let them grow, we can harvest them for materials besides food, like hard shells, spines, or some such))

((That makes 23. :) ))

While the guards keep watch at home, a large group of Ul’mare dart from their cavern and into the deep waters around it. They flit from hiding spot to hiding spot until they reach the top of the plateau. It is covered in a grassy alga that reaches to the Ul’mare’s shoulders. Here and there in the grass drift the larval shrimp, their shells tinted a light green. Patches of thorny red seaweed grow here and there but get thicker towards the center of the plateau where they form a small forest. Some of the thorns are almost as long as one of the Seaborn, but the small critters they shelter are unharmed by the spines. The Ul’mare poke around the rich seabottom for anything that may be of use, but all they find are the greenish shells of larva long-since gone. Some hand sized rocks also litter the ground, but aren’t exceptionally interesting. The silky algae are far too tough to be consumed by the Ul’mare but are thin enough to be made into a thread, if you wanted.
   Back at home, only a few of the Ul’mare remain. Two are looking at the crystals mined a day or two ago while the other looks at the captive larval crustacean. The crystals are hard, but not exceptionally so. They are clear, but have a red tint to them. As one of the inspectors holds it, he notices that it seems to be warm. Even after he had handled it and gone on to look at a different crystal, it still holds onto the heat from his hand. Moreover, the warmer it gets, the redder it grows. Under even more heat, it even begins to glow softly with a pulsing rosy light. In the soft glow from the crystal, the inspector dubs it a “Heart Crystal” after its qualities.
   While less groundbreaking, the shrimp-tender discovers that his larva has nearly tripled in size and also has the greenish tint from the grass it has been being fed. It now has longish antennae and two pincers. One is slightly bigger than the other. It curls its tail underneath its body and swims by paddling the gills on its underside. It might need a new enclosure soon if it keeps growing at this rate.

The new colonists are now much more firmly established in the rich seas of this planet. For the most part, all has gone well so far. In all of your colonies, the colonists clamor for a name to be given to the place they worked to build. A few even want to spread out. What would you like to call your settlement?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:11:41 pm by Edio »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:48 pm »

...(This looks familiar)...

...(Any chance you think you could handle another player?)...

...(Not that you need to, I could wait for a spot to open up)...
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »

Two ten-Snaug teams will leave, one hunting party and one scouting party carrying a day's worth of food.
The scouting party will continue until they reach the end of the mud, then set up an outpost.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 07:45:23 pm »

((I could take on another player or two, but that would be at the cost of making the updates take a bit longer. I'll put you on the waitinglist for now. We do have an OOC thread (not that anyone seems to want to use it  :) ). It would be interesting if you used the Pyroids, heheheh.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »

...(Cripes. My fiendish plan is... oh wait, I can use them? Sweet!)...

...(Time for my INTJ aptitude to come in handy. It's called mastermind for a reason.)...

...(Also, I'll try not to destroy not only this reality but every reality in existence this time.)...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:58:32 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »

A handful of strong Yaffi will use scrap metal to make tendril-blades to arm all Yaffi, the remainder will continue digging out quarters.
The swift Yaffi, if the crustacean is still nearby, will mob the creature en-masse, climbing into its body through the joints or any chinks in its armor. Their goal is to co-opt the central nervous system, rendering it mindless and controllable.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 08:39:41 pm »

((I'll post at like 8:45 board time tomorrow. The school changes policies so I lied.))
Split into three groups. Have one harvest more young kelp, another begin chopping more kelp logs for, and have the third continue construction on the barracks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:52:30 pm by rutsber »
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14