A. Awesome
- 1 (6.3%)
A. Adorable
- 2 (12.5%)
B. Both A. and A.
- 13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP  (Read 27108 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:34 pm »

The hunting party will attack the creature, while the rest dig out tunnels and bring the mud to the surface for low walls.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 01:29:32 am »

The strongest Yaffi use shells from the devoured bivalves to build walls and a roof over the pod, while the swift Yaffi use a widening spiral search pattern to find mobile crustaceans to enslave.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 01:59:29 am »

Get a large amount of rocks, find the anemones, throw rocks by sucking up water and using that force to eject the rocks at a high speed towards the anemones. Target only small ones. Only use 5 lofani to do this.Get the rest to continue scouting for a replenishble food source and any anomalies in the chasms. seek out any crevices and caves. Send some scouts to the lower levels of the chasms. Report anything interesting (bodies, strange creatures, food, etc.)

Gather up the remains of the crustacean and use them as "shields".
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 02:55:48 pm »

((OOC: Who's order are we still waiting for? I think one person hasn't posted... If a day or two passes I'd think it would be best to have a 'filler' order made by the GM to prevent the whole damn post from dying because one person disappeared for a few days)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57:49 pm »

((Yeah, I'm redoing the update because I lost it when my computer auto-restarted. I kept getting those "Will restart in ten minutes" and postponed them. Came back a while later, computer was restarted... I'll post soon.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 02:58:43 pm »

((OOC: I HATE that >_< What I learned to do is to save it in a text file every few minutes))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:14 pm »

(You can stop it from restarting. That pissed me off to. Go to control panel, all items, windows updater, settings, and put anything but the recommended option in. Then you have to choose to install updates. I do the second option because then it downloads them but won't restart your computer.)
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 03:07:40 pm »

(You can stop it from restarting. That pissed me off to. Go to control panel, all items, windows updater, settings, and put anything but the recommended option in. Then you have to choose to install updates. I do the second option because then it downloads them but won't restart your computer.)

Thank you!

I lost a 5-page short story and dozens of songs, poems, stories, and such to those f-cking spontaneous updates. >_<

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »

Turn 3
--------
((Quick question. I need to find a new way to manage food, this isn't working. I suppose I could have you get a set food income per turn and store the net income in your storage areas. It would depend on assuming that you have people devoted to gathering food each turn. I guess just devote a certain amount of the population to a certain food-gathering task per turn and assume the task is on repeat. You would have the option of changing tasks each turn, though.))
--------
Some of the Flannigans test some of the extra leaves as a potential food source while others attempt to use the piece of metal plating as a saw to remove the stalk of some of the kelp.
     While the majority of the leaves covering the ground are too tough and big to be consumed, some of the younger leaves are edible. However, gathering these requires harvesting them from the plant itself, rather than from the ground. The Flannigans carefully swim and climb their way up the seedlings growing around the camp and collect enough to feed them for a few days. Now that they have enough food to feed themselves, they decide to start gathering materials to build a better shelter. While the armor plate isn't particularly effective, they use the edge as a  four Flannigans fell a mighty (read: one inch) stalk of kelp. They are able to chop up the stalk into usable pieces by the end of the day.
     A huge thump reverberates through the sandy bottom! The scouts race out to explore and find a huge shell. It's shaped like a top and is uninhabited by whatever once lived in it. Oddly, it is quite colorful when compared to most seagoing critters who just want to camouflage themselves.

((OOC: I'm assuming the white stuff in the Central-Western chamber are metal plates loose floatstone, thank for verifying!))

Have a 2-man team take small bits of hard metal from the ship and hammer them into a bit of floatstone to see if the floatstone is easily shattered, scraped, or dug into. If the floatstone can be shattered or dug into, have 10 Ul'mare smooth out the Northern-western chamber's walls into 1-hex wide to gain extra space ((and because I hate clutter/wasted space)) and pile the leftover stone/rubble in room filled with loose floatstone. If possible, knock out a 1-hex wide entrance into the cave with the floatstone to connect it to the North-Westernmost room. If any time is left, clear more clutter/material from the adjacent rooms to make space and give the cavern a bit of 'symmetry'.

Summary of Orders:

2 guard front entrance (Order on (R)epeat until further notice)
1 guard the side entrance (Repeat)
10 Clear the clutter in cave and prospect the material types found during scraping/digging/moving
3 explore the immediate outside area for useful materials and take samples
5 gather more shrimp for food and try using jagged floatstone or metal to find the shell's weak spot and facilitate eating them.

Guards are posted behind the barricades to watch for predators. Exactly three guards guard the entrances at all times, shifting out regularly. Occasionally, large blue eels can be seen arcing in and out of tunnels - none seem to be close by yet. Scouts return carrying samples of grass-like algae from the top of the plateau. This is the only area that receives large amounts of sunlight, so it is lush with algae and is fought over by predators. Caves become less common the closer to the top of the plateau you go.
     The floatstone is easily shattered by the bits of metal, releasing quantities of the bubbles trapped inside. Progress is unwieldy using the metal scraps, but the NW Cave is optimized and smoothed by the end of the day. At this rate, about one cave will be completed per day. During the digging, some sort of crystal is found and stored with the floatstone.
     Shrimp larva are still drifting in from beyond the reef; these are being gathered and tested on. Their weak spot appears to be near the base of the tail. Using the metal bits, the Seaborn eat their fill of these larva and gather some more to tide them over.

The hunting party will attack the creature, while the rest dig out tunnels and bring the mud to the surface for low walls.
     The Snaug charge toward the creature, not knowing what it could do are even what it was.  The eyes are pulled back into the hole and the creature emerges. The creature has an armored carapace and two claws. One is probably too small to do anything besides pull food into the mouth but the other is almost the length of the creature's body! It clacks its large claw menacingly at the Snaug and charges forward, stopping just before them and waves its claw about in a threat display. It is about 12 OMU in size. The Snaug use their propulsion to jet behind the creature and bite at its soft underside with their ((I assume)) sharp beaks. It swings its claw at the Snaug, the the large claw is useless against creatures so small. The Snaug pick it apart as it slowly weakens. With a final clack, it collapses to the mud. The scout party lash their tentacles to it and pull it back to the camp, where the others are busy digging out mud for walls. They have already made the foundation for their new walls.

The strongest Yaffi use shells from the devoured bivalves to build walls and a roof over the pod, while the swift Yaffi use a widening spiral search pattern to find mobile crustaceans to enslave.
     The strong Yaffi pull the shells up onto the Pod and start building a shelter. The quick Yaffi search for crustaceans using a spiral search pattern to cover as much ground as possible. Unfortunately, there are no crustaceans that you can find. However, you do find a large chunk of raw iron ore, probably deposited from the Vent. You have no way of utilizing it now, but it should be useful later.

Get a large amount of rocks, find the anemones, throw rocks by sucking up water and using that force to eject the rocks at a high speed towards the anemones. Target only small ones. Only use 5 lofani to do this.Get the rest to continue scouting for a replenishble food source and any anomalies in the chasms. seek out any crevices and caves. Send some scouts to the lower levels of the chasms. Report anything interesting (bodies, strange creatures, food, etc.)

Gather up the remains of the crustacean and use them as "shields".

Kyridgem suggests collecting the creatures for use. To remove them from the rock, he has five Lofani gather rocks and insert them into their siphons. After building up enough water pressure, they are able to launch the rocks at the small anemones' bases. The anemones' hold on the ledge is very tenacious and it takes several tries to dislodge one. The helpless anemone flails around as it drifts down. It is caught by one of the Lofani, who transports it back to the Pod. Four more of these anemones are gathered before the Lofani are unable to fire any more rocks (the rocks are rough on their siphons; smoother ammunition would allow them to fire longer).
     The Shelled Ones gather up the remains of the dead crustacean. Of particular interest are the chitinous plates. These are given to members of the scouting team to use as shields for warding off threats. The legs could serve as spears if you were smaller, but could possibly be fired from a siphon.
     With these new advancements in hand they proceed confidently through their domain, searching for things of use. They find several things of note: Three crevices, two large and one small; a colony of rock oysters (the things you saw earlier); and an area full of copepods (.5 OMU). The scouts float ever deeper into the seemingly never-ending chasm. As you go deeper, the chasm walls get closer and closer together until only two of the scouts can float side by side. The chasm seems to widen below, as if connecting to some sort of enormous cavern. Before anyone can react, a large tentacle shoots out of the abyss and siezes a Lofan. With a horrible grating sound as its shell is scraped by the rock, it attempts to pull the Lofan through the crack. No matter how hard it pulls, it can't make it fit. A strange cry echoes from below. RESCUE or GET THE HECK AWAY? ((I keep thinking of you guys as Omastar. :P ))

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
((If I miss something in the status, tell me and I can put it in.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:03:35 pm by Edio »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

Try to rescue the stuck lofani. Try hitting the tentacle with anything we can get our hands on. If it proves impossible, GET THE F*** OUT.

Lesson learned- DO NOT GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHASMS!!!

Actions

Get 5 lofani to build a crude walls out of the rocks and then place anemones on the wall.

Get 6 lofani to gather a quarter of the copepods. See if their edible.

Gather up five lofani and give them the "spears". Head near the rock oysters and prod them gently with one spear. If it opens, jam more spears inside and bash the oyster. Rinse and repeat.

Send a scouting party (2 lofani) to explore the small crevice. Bring spears and rocks if possible.

Send a scouting part (again 2) to explore the Upper Waters.

Get the remaining lofani to gather rocks. Polish them once they are gathered

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »

Separate the meat from the shell of the creature. Store the meat in the pod, and use the shell to fortify the walls.
Organize a second hunting party, but wait until the walls are finished to send it out.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:26 pm »

Have some of the Flannigans transport the shell back to the pod. Have one group begin construction of a barracks near the shell. Have another group attempt to make rudimentary tools from the logs, such as weapons and hammers.
((How large is the shell?))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:54:05 pm by rutsber »
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:53 pm »

((Bigger than you can carry. About the size of a small two-story building (to you).))

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 07:44:51 pm »

((How far is the shell? Is it on the same tile as the capital?))

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 07:45:39 pm »

((Yes.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14