Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 41033 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: That last plot wasn't the real plot: DCW
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2011, 10:28:17 pm »

I may not bother with a sheet for a one-shot. I think soul-knives can be pretty effective with the right first level feats, can we take flaws and traits?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2011, 10:59:33 pm »

Don't bother with a character for a one-shot. Alas, it won't happen, as much as I'd love to run one.

A day game next Friday is still uncertain and unlikely. I could certainly run the Saturday slot, assuming no West Marches. Because running and playing two campaigns at once is hard.

Anyways, after this campaign, or at least the first story arc, I'm thinking of several other options:
Day at the Beach: A Stormwrack-centric game involving a small sea, its coastline, marshes, swamps, and low rivers.
Couldn't We Just Dump Them in Magma?: A campaign of political intrigue, with assassins, subplots, poison, a hundred conflicting nobles, and much more interesting Diplomacy checks
City of Infinite Plot Hooks. You look, I give plot hook.
From the Clutches of the Mind Flayers, detailing the rise of the great empire of the mind flayers and a war fought to stop them

And yes, I said story arc. The current rough plot has you guys possibly going Epic before finishing the game.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #377 on: October 30, 2011, 12:05:50 am »

Don't bother with a character for a one-shot. Alas, it won't happen, as much as I'd love to run one.

A day game next Friday is still uncertain and unlikely. I could certainly run the Saturday slot, assuming no West Marches. Because running and playing two campaigns at once is hard.

Anyways, after this campaign, or at least the first story arc, I'm thinking of several other options:
Day at the Beach: A Stormwrack-centric game involving a small sea, its coastline, marshes, swamps, and low rivers.
Couldn't We Just Dump Them in Magma?: A campaign of political intrigue, with assassins, subplots, poison, a hundred conflicting nobles, and much more interesting Diplomacy checks
City of Infinite Plot Hooks. You look, I give plot hook.
From the Clutches of the Mind Flayers, detailing the rise of the great empire of the mind flayers and a war fought to stop them

And yes, I said story arc. The current rough plot has you guys possibly going Epic before finishing the game.

I'd be surprised if Adler's memory would last that long.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:00 am »

Anything that lets me play as an illithid can't be all bad...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 31, 2011, 11:30:31 am »

I can freely grant you the Western Marches time slot this week. I can even show up to it!
Incidentally, what did I miss on Friday? Can I get a chatlog, or at least a terse summary of the session?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 31, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »

I can freely grant you the Western Marches time slot this week. I can even show up to it!
Incidentally, what did I miss on Friday? Can I get a chatlog, or at least a terse summary of the session?

Let's see, we decided to kill the dwarf prisoner and bury him, then we went up the road a bit and met some powerful jerk who told us were the one of the bandit camps is.  Bandit camps seem to be underground, which I suspect means that one of the dwarven clans is funding them to keep dwarfs from returning during the civil war, but that's speculative.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

Nothing happened mechanically speaking, as the next part will be rough and it is advised that more than three people show up to the game, which has been decided to be Saturday, 11 PM GMT, AKA 7 PM Eastern. For reference, My computer clock (Eastern) says 4:38 as I am typing this.

And technically speaking, Mysterious Guy only told you a trail to follow to reach the bandits.

I forgot to take a chatlog, unfortunately.

Oh, and there is mysteriously one less axe in the group inventory. Anyone who wants to actually keep a group inventory can head over here and start working.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »

Nothing happened mechanically speaking, as the next part will be rough and it is advised that more than three people show up to the game, which has been decided to be Saturday, 11 PM GMT, AKA 7 PM Eastern. For reference, My computer clock (Eastern) says 4:38 as I am typing this.

And technically speaking, Mysterious Guy only told you a trail to follow to reach the bandits.

I forgot to take a chatlog, unfortunately.

Oh, and there is mysteriously one less axe in the group inventory. Anyone who wants to actually keep a group inventory can head over here and start working.

Mysteriously missing? what are you talking about, It was clearly a war axe, so it wouldn't have the heft of an ax used for executions and would be bent and chipped from the force needed to kill the dwarf swiftly.. obviously! <-< >->

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 02, 2011, 07:29:58 am »

Well, I might as well do the right thing and say I'm dropping out of this one, assuming I wasn't demoed weeks ago for inactivity. :P

Too many schedule conflicts, mostly, and I wasn't adjusting very well to the 'start, stop, start, stop' pace we had. I hope it works out for everybody else.

Ciao!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 02, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

I wasn't adjusting very well to the 'start, stop, start, stop' pace we had.
Eh? In the game, do you mean?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »

Say, can the Anyspell spell (Spell Compendium, page 14) be used to meet arcane spellcasting requirements for Prestige Classes?
What about for item creation?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2011, 06:18:23 pm »

Does it ignore arcane spell failure from armour? Are save DC's based upon wisdom? Are you relying upon something greater than yourself to provide it? These are the hallmarks of divine magic, which is not arcane magic...

Item creation seems pretty lax, you can get spells from scrolls, wands, even other casters if memory serves, you basically just need the spell cast on the thing every day of its creation. Having said that, items are pretty specific about the spells required, so their may be issues if it "duplicates the effects of" the chosen spell instead of replicating the spell itself...

Also, no, just no, slipping one spell into your list is not going to overcome multiple levels worth of prestige class requirements. Unless the D.M. feels like it...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 04, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

Game starts in a little less than 24 hours.

And I hope people actually show up on time. I'd like to be able to actually start on time.

As for Anyspell, you be a divine caster. Your archivist levels allow you to cast divine spells.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 04, 2011, 09:52:27 pm »

Game starts in a little less than 24 hours.

And I hope people actually show up on time. I'd like to be able to actually start on time.

As for Anyspell, you be a divine caster. Your archivist levels allow you to cast divine spells.

I'll be there... for you... if your there for me too.. do do dooo do

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 05, 2011, 08:32:33 am »

Can I dedicate myself to a elder evil instead of worshipping a deity?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32