Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 41042 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

So what's the point of my character if we've got an npc with Int out the wazoo?  ::)

edit- actually since were going up in level I might be able to become useful.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

So what's the point of my character if we've got an npc with Int out the wazoo?  ::)

edit- actually since were going up in level I might be able to become useful.
His main purpose is to show all the random things I totally am not making up on the fly. He has a Flaw called "90% Useless" which makes all of his Knowledge checks exist solely to enhance the setting or provide side quests. Trust me, anything useful other than working the carts is up to the PCs.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually now that I think about it, wouldn't mind if he also made alchemical stuff while we were away <-<

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still up for playing a character, but I'll need a hand if I'm going to be one of those special classes, like a crusader.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, I'm still interested as well, but not even a clue about how or what to make as far as a character. Wish I had caught that impromptu thing earlier.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering I am multiclassing as a crusader I'd be happy to help anyone with the Tome of Battle. Either PM me, or just post what you need help with. I should be back online in about 6-7 hours (sleep).

I'll add more items and build a list of things that need to be approved in the morning, but other than that I should be done building my character. The temp stats are rage stats, which will be used often. For ease of access here is Thanuva Lananthakguani. The last name should have two more syllables, but it didn't fit. He needs a nickname once we get going. I thought it'd be more appropriate for someone else to nickname him.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I can't really make my guy anymore useful, so although he's cool as level 1 i'm probably gonna make a new guy from the ground up for the level 5.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I can't really make my guy anymore useful, so although he's cool as level 1 i'm probably gonna make a new guy from the ground up for the level 5.
Does this mean that character idea's off?  ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly yes, I'm looking into making a guy who's main weapons are hidden wrist blades though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang. Well, I'll think of something new, then...
Booze is Life for Yoink

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Made up a character sheet...

Feel free to offer build advice, the basic plan is to start any encounter by manifesting vigour and then manifesting empathic transfer as needed. The odd energy stun wouldn't hurt and the combination of detect hostile thoughts and burrowing was just too tempting...

P.S.
 I have probably spent too many skill points, I am following the pathguy character generator...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My current class set up gives me trapfinding twice, so can I either get a bonus feat or perhaps and improved trapfinding thing?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, after looking through the psychic warrior powers I've decided to become a psychometabolist guy that turns into a terrifying monster when angry. Said character may or may not be based loosely after Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Because I am unfamiliar with psionics, this has lead to a few questions:

-Do either of the metapsionic feats Maximize Power or Empower Power apply to psychometabolism powers that grant you natural attacks?
-If you are a large creature, does the damage for Bite of the Wolf go up by 1d8 or 2d6 per 5 PW levels?
-If I take both Empathic Transfer and Body Adjustment, does that mean I'm the party healer? Being both a healery doctor guy and a horrifying monster sounds sorta cool.
-What is Display and how does it work?
-The rules for power points mention power point storage devices. How many points can one of these hold, and what do they cost?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand, we already have a psionic guy that does healing stuff, and that Forgotten prestige class does look pretty cool. Additionally, mixing in a small amount of truename chocolate in with my rogue peanut butter means not having to quickly learn a bunch of all new subsystems all at once. I could just take some truename feats to get me some utterences and be set.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=321091

Character not done, just posting so I can find it quicker.

Woot done.

*reads plot*

*facepalm* God dammit

edit- wait wait do we start off with 10000 gold or not?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:48:47 am by King_of_the_weasels »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32