Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 41034 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

I believe the tool can't be clothing, it has to actually be a tool or kit of some kind.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I'd say that clothing is fair game so long as it makes sense. For example, my characters mask. While not a tool it is intimidating.

Spoiler: Intimidating Mask (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess that somewhat makes sense, granted I think there main intention was for professions that might require tools but whatever.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. It says that there are specific tool sets (such as thieves tools, disguise kits, etc.), but "this entry covers just about everything else." It really is intended to be used as Grek and I have used it. If there isn't a specific kit for it just make one using that entry.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

@Shoruke: Regarding the ignition of Entangle spells, no. Most Instantaneous fire spells say that they are too brief to actually light anything on fire anyways; living plant material doesn't burn so much as smoke for a while, then burn; The Entangle spell is Druid-EnhancedTM living plant material, so if you do actually light it on fire, it's probably hot enough and been burning long enough that anything in the area without high fire resistance/fire immunity is most likely crispy.
-Ancestral Relic is fine, I suppose; However, the item's original price factors into the relic cost on the table
-Mithral Shirt is, in fact, exactly the same as a mithral chain shirt, except for the fact that it weighs two and a half pounds less. Just take a mithral chain shirt and call it a mithral shirt. If two and a half pounds is going to kill you, you better hope I don't send something that can reduce your strength.
-The spider domain is fine, assuming you can find a drow cleric to steal scribe spells from.
-Looking up darkstalker very soon
-Trickery Devotion is fine, except that it doesn't get the progression. It's an unseen servant/silent image 1min/level per day, nothing fancy.
@Grek
-Nope, Obscure Personal Truename does not include you
-Whisper of Fire is effectively a cantrip; The main rule is that sneak attacks require an attack roll (thus, acid splash, but not magic missile, could be used to sneak attack). Since Whisper of Fire has no attack roll, it cannot be used to sneak attack
-Automatic failures on a natural 1 apply only to saves and attack rolls; the same goes for automatic successes on a natural 20.
-I may consider allowing a feat to take ten on truespeak checks in stressed or rushed situations (such as combat).
-Characters may start out whatever age they wish. If you want, you can be Venerable with a year to live.
@others:
-Tools that take up item slots (such as a particularly intimidating mask) take up those magic item slots. Just letting you know.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Hmm... without the upgrade to being more like Major Image, the Trickery Devotion won't be as convincing... no chance of getting the level 5 upgrade for it (being able to make a bluff check to make people think the fake one is the real me) and then stopping the progression? I don't have a lot of ranks even a single rank in bluff anyway, and it's not like people would lose their dex bonus against me or anything, they'd probably just waste one turn hitting the wrong guy.

...Maybe I could just make a normal bluff check against people at the -10 penalty as a full-round action, and hope for a circumstance bonus.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Hmm... without the upgrade to being more like Major Image, the Trickery Devotion won't be as convincing... no chance of getting the level 5 upgrade for it (being able to make a bluff check to make people think the fake one is the real me) and then stopping the progression? I don't have a lot of ranks even a single rank in bluff anyway, and it's not like people would lose their dex bonus against me or anything, they'd probably just waste one turn hitting the wrong guy.

...Maybe I could just make a normal bluff check against people at the -10 penalty as a full-round action, and hope for a circumstance bonus.
Hm... maybe. Maybe.

Also, for Darkstalker: I'll allow it, but the ability to flank creatures with all-around vision counts only during the turn you come out of hiding. And the hiding vs. tremorsense/scent/blindsense/blindsight only works while hiding (as stated in the feat description)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so when are we playing exactly?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

so when are we playing exactly?
That is a good question and why aren't you on shoruke's server?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for western marches? are you short on people?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, one thing about psions, a couple of the psionic feats have attribute requirements, notably, the one that lets you become psionically focused as a move action, and therefore cast a metamagicked spell every round, requires 13 wisdom, iso it is a good idea to check therough the feats you want to get before finalising your stats...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current Party:
Thanuva, the barbarous bearer of the blade Caladblog
Veshnoal, the rune covered sword-wielding sage
Kevkul, the dorje wielding psychic elf of doom
Adler, the nimble scout with a hidden blade up his sleeve
Mr. Black, dodgy dealer in true names and untrue claims

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not really much of a scout I only took that class for it's awesome move 10 feet get extra damage.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I finished my soul-crushingly boring assignment, so now I've got time to work on quite possibly the most ridiculous character in the party! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NOT CRAZY ENOUGH.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32