Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 41066 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: That last plot wasn't the real plot: DCW
« Reply #315 on: October 08, 2011, 12:22:29 am »

That was 5 people, correct? Veshnoal, Orrdus, Adler, Thoten, and Lance get 1100 XP apiece.

Loot, some of which has been claimed already:
The boring stuff:
2 masterwork chain mails.
2 greataxes
2 masterwork daggers
The fun:
Shadow Jerkin (leather armor with stealth based effects and a +2 deflection bonus)
2 vials of Dwarfbane poison (Contact; DC 15; Any racial save against poisons is changed to a penalty of the same amount; d2 Con damage + 1 per point of racial save bonus (secondary and primary))
1 vial of Liquid Death poison (Injury or Ingestion DC 25; Death (d8 Con drain if saved) for both primary and secondary)
1 vial of a strange clear liquid, labeled in Abyssal as 'Tears of the Obyriths' (Nasty stuff, and I'll leave it at that)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:17 am »

Spoiler: Veshnoal's journal (click to show/hide)

In-character, this is just the first part of Veshnoal's journal for the day (with some retconned-in sketches), since he's still in the middle of doing things (interrogating the captured Dwarf, dumping the loot in the wagon, keeping a watch for that fourth guy, asking Idaho Bonus about Obyriths). I might have to edit this journal if I find new stuff out early next session. The rest of the time between in-game "now" and whenever Veshnoal actually gets a chance to write things down is "on another page". Yay literary framing device?

Also, fun session.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:55:49 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2011, 01:38:19 am »

That was 5 people, correct? Veshnoal, Orrdus, Adler, Thoten, and Lance get 1100 XP apiece.

Loot, some of which has been claimed already:
The boring stuff:
2 masterwork chain mails.
2 greataxes
2 masterwork daggers
The fun:
Shadow Jerkin (leather armor with stealth based effects and a +2 deflection bonus)
2 vials of Dwarfbane poison (Contact; DC 15; Any racial save against poisons is changed to a penalty of the same amount; d2 Con damage + 1 per point of racial save bonus (secondary and primary))
1 vial of Liquid Death poison (Injury or Ingestion DC 25; Death (d8 Con drain if saved) for both primary and secondary)
1 vial of a strange clear liquid, labeled in Abyssal as 'Tears of the Obyriths' (Nasty stuff, and I'll leave it at that)

I should mention that my Mithral Chain Shirt is up for grabs by anyone who can wear it.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 08, 2011, 02:33:21 pm »

There will not be a plot-based mini-session today, by the way. A number of things have popped up for me. And there will certainly be more exposition on obyriths, but most of the stuff is going to be learned when you reach a conveniently located demonologist in Empire.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2011, 09:18:34 pm »

Are journals required in this campaign?

Also, totally called a masterwork chainmail.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2011, 09:52:02 am »

Also, totally called a masterwork chainmail.
Nope.

And OK.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2011, 10:16:55 am »

When's the next game planned for?

Also remember that yes, I will be scouting ahead.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:26 am »

Next game is planned for Friday. Normal time (7 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time/11 PM GMT (For reference, my computer (EDT) reads 11:52 at the time of this message))

And, for scouting purposes, you will follow the road (and the hoofprints (I don't care whether or not you have track, they're not really possible to miss)) up about a half mile, whereupon the hoofprints triple; it also looks like someone turned his horse around and decided to book it.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2011, 11:19:15 am »

Next game is planned for Friday. Normal time (7 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time/11 PM GMT (For reference, my computer (EDT) reads 11:52 at the time of this message))

And, for scouting purposes, you will follow the road (and the hoofprints (I don't care whether or not you have track, they're not really possible to miss)) up about a half mile, whereupon the hoofprints triple; it also looks like someone turned his horse around and decided to book it.

I don't have track, but I do have trackless step, so if I take a round about way to get to a place off road to meet back with the group I can't be followed.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

Nah, I just do it for the lulz. Also, it helps the GM avoid the FAQ: "I missed the session what happened", and helps flesh out my character's personality.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »

Oh, and let this be known: those of you with knowledge(the planes) on your class skill lists, it may be a good investment. The Tears of the Obyriths will not be the only thing you see from extraplanar areas.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »

Hey, that's one of my numerous knowledge skills.

Also, question on a feat. What do you think of Knowledge Devotion?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »

Knowledge devotion is fine. It's a good feat for a gish, but it's honestly not all that impressive.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2011, 10:10:59 am »

As bad as it is to double post, anybody who was looking at the previous TN fix who wants a slightly improved version of it (with one whole new utterance, as well as the revision of the truename spells and some other things) is now here.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2011, 11:18:04 am »

I really need to work up an inherent int bonus so I can have more skill points. Mine are lacking, despite taking my first level in rogue for hella skill points. Anyone got a spare 27,200 gp? Or better yet, 55k?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32