Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 41052 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Friday's good for me.

Never did get clarification on if anyone wanted me to get their truename for extra buffing. Going to assume no when writing up my backstory.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Friday doesn't work for me this time. If we were to start when Shoruke normally holds his game I'd be 4 hours late.

I think I'll consider handing off the melee role to the ToB classes. I have a friend that may be interested in joining, but I doubt psionics or ToM would work since he is fairly new to D&D. Besides, I don't want to unbalance your game by doing about 35-70 damage at once (would happen often) at level 5.

I'm interested in the Erudite class (CP, p.153). It has the same PP count and the spell level progression is the same as a Psion. It is basically a modified Psion. Psion/Wilder powers are learned at a normal level, but you can know more spells. It is kind of the wizard of psions Would that be ok?

EDIT: I was wrong about Erudites, but I edited it. Still interested, even if it isn't a psionic archivist.

EDIT2: So I started thinking of what Thanuva could do for damage at level 12 (Cerrad's level). If everything were to hit then I'd be doing 24d6+102 (6 hits, total ave. of 171 damage), and that is if I don't enhance my weapon (which I would). Not quite the average of Cerrad, but I also lacked about 90k worth of goodies that Cerrad should have. Not only that but I wouldn't even need to qualify for sneak attack to deal that kind of damage.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:34:08 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My entrant for the ridicule contest would be the kobold ninja(complete adventurer) with the titan bloodline who throws gargantuan returning warhammers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might be a bit late for it, but Shoruke do you want to collaborate on background stories if I can be an Erudite? Chances are that they are both scholars at least.

I'll assume the class isn't going to be rejected, so I'll post a sheet later. It seems like I'll have a later start than anyone. I won't be available next Friday as well. At least I booked off Fridays at work for university.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Oh, for people who want a martial type without getting Tome of Battle, the warblade is free online, plus the in-the-OP-already, conveniently free, already-sorted maneuvers.

I'm considering Erudite... I'll likely allow it. Assume so, unless I mention otherwise. However, if there are any feats/whatever that increase number of unique powers per day, they aren't allowed.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There aren't any feats like that. You won't have to worry about that. However there was an alternate class feature in a Drag Mag that allowed the Erudite to learn all arcane spells. Sounds too broken so I won't even bother trying to find it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

There aren't any feats like that. You won't have to worry about that. However there was an alternate class feature in a Drag Mag that allowed the Erudite to learn all arcane spells. Sounds too broken so I won't even bother trying to find it.

Yeah, that is not happening. Looking at that ACF causes a book to be thrown at you in nine out of ten lab scenarios. The tenth was a bomb shaped like a book.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my sheet so far. It really isn't complete, and I still need to add items. Here is a list of things that need to be approved:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

If you need powers from other sources, just ask. That stuff should be fine.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I thought I had posted my sheet before, but I guess I had not.
Here you go.

Also, his name is written as Oathtower Veshnoal, but Veshnoal is his personal name. The illumians consider their cabal (read: hometown) a large part of their identity, so they write the cabal's name as the first part of their name. Also, the Fool and I are currently working on making our backstories together. His character's name is downright unpronouncable.

EDIT: So, is the session tomorrow? Or next week? Or what's up?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:15:20 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I also would like to know if we are playing later tonight(today), Friday the 19th. And if so, What time?

Just wondering, because I still haven't done my equipment or powers yet.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's on the 26th.

E: I just realized what my character was missing: 20 psionic tattoos of Chameleon. Because a +10 to hide checks for 10 minutes is always worth 50 gold.

E^2: Actually, no. 10 magic Chameleon tattoos, 5 Synesthete tattoos and 5 Conceal Thoughts tattoos. Because I'm probably not going to need a whole 20 chameleon tattoos in between now and the next time we can restock, but I probably will need to lie to someone or see my Truespeak words while self-silenced.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:51:50 am by Grek »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Yeah, the 26th should be good. The campaign has been promoted from "Possible" to "Probable"

Hm... What times work for people? It can't be any earlier than 9 PM GMT; Later would be preferred for me.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

Unemployed so whenever,I sleep during the day most of the time though so late is good.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anytime works. As soon as my schedule at work goes through (in 2-3 weeks) I can guarantee attendance. University conveniently will not interfere either.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32