Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarven Retirement?  (Read 1585 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Dwarven Retirement?
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »

My manager/trader/book keeper/duke has apparently decided that enough is enough and been "On Break" for an entire year.  He'll conduct meetings and then immediately go back to being on vacation.

Anybody know how to break him out his stupor, I really need his talents.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Retirement?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

Kill him.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »

Kill him.

Yes. this,.

then make a danger room full of weapon traps loaded with diplomats and merchants to train his replacements skills.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

You cannot interrupt a break.

I suggest you give the useful noble positions to someone else until he is cured.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 08:53:28 pm »

You cannot interrupt a break.
My ass you can't. Get a hammerer in there.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 09:03:56 pm »

Dukes are immune to justice. And even if they weren't the player cannot order a specific dwarf to be hammered.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 09:08:06 pm »

what's the problem it's not like he does anything anyway >.>
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »

He's the manager AND broker.  He does a lot of important things.  If he's going to relax in his room all the time, hook up running water to it (preferably 7/7 through the entire room with an openable drain for easy cleaning)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:20 pm »

Give all his positions to someone who isn't a lazy bastard. Use his office for the other dwarf, just to rub it in.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »

Dukes are immune to justice. And even if they weren't the player cannot order a specific dwarf to be hammered.
Hi, I see you don't understand that communication encompasses nonliteral meanings!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 10:17:28 pm »

Hi, I see you don't understand that communication encompasses nonliteral meanings!

Same to you  :P

And hammerers are broken and thus couldn't be assigned anyways.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »

I know that magma is the cure all and this is a noble and all but this dwarf is important and has been with me from the start.

I guess I'll just see if he breaks out of it eventually but I was mostly curious as to whether anybody else had a dwarf that decided they were done working for the rest of their life.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 11:11:59 pm »

He's the manager AND broker.  He does a lot of important things.  If he's going to relax in his room all the time, hook up running water to it (preferably 7/7 through the entire room with an openable drain for easy cleaning)

Now I feel a serious urge to have these hooked to every nobles room.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

I do it to the trade depot, myself.  Free goods and I'm (fairly) certain it won't piss off the trading race as it's technically an environmental kill.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:52 am »

I do it to the trade depot, myself.  Free goods and I'm (fairly) certain it won't piss off the trading race as it's technically an environmental kill.

No trade goods return, people will get pissed.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2