Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort ((Looking for peeps))  (Read 12710 times)

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2011, 10:52:26 pm »

The trolls have stopped to tear up some floorgrates that lead directly into the main area of our fort yet seem to serve no purpose. Whoever placed those, I give you a very special award. The military rushes out to stop them... and is swiftly picked up and thrown into the trap area by the trolls.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An order is sent out to pull the lever to release the elites, meanwhile the redshirts are dying in mass. At least they manage to bring a few trolls down to redeem themselves and justify a coffin. Of which we have one hundred.

Realmdude and Adil emerge from the pit in a slightly pissed off mood and head for the nearest group of goblins. I feel sorry for those goblins.

Also, Realm. What the hell man? Letting yourself get beaten like this?

Some crazy elves decided to come in as soon as they saw the goblins leave.

Shem goes a bit crazy and becomes a kleptomaniac

And we get another forgotten beast

Not bad for spring
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2011, 12:12:36 am »

Yey, I finally did something of note!  Tantruming ftw!  Anyhow, go to the end of what would be your year.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort ((Looking for peeps))
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2011, 01:55:57 am »

DOUBLE POST!!!!!  Also I'll now let anyone who wants to sign up for a second turn sign up, besides Realmdude, fuck that guy.

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort ((Looking for peeps))
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:56 am »

I think the grates are there to let us grow surface plants in the underground farms.  At least I saw a couple plots down there devoted to strawberries and longland grass.  It doesn't really work, though, I think only the squares immediately below the grates actually get seeded.

Sign me up for a second turn... although late in the list, because I just had my turn and basically taking two in a row is boring. :P

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

Summer is boring as hell. I really need to start a mega project.

Shem finishes up his artifact and a human caravan arrives.

While I'm cleaning up I notice something odd. Dzha is attending a party in the main room while Drak is swimming in the lava downstairs.

Hearing tales of how great the caves are, another forgotten beast shows up.

Solon goes a bit crazy and grabs a craftsdwarf workshop, resulting in ONE bone gauntlet. I'll have to teach him a lesson in "WE HAVE TWO HANDS YOU DUMBASS"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:12:27 pm by Dyg »
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2011, 02:55:26 pm »

Fall:
A dwarven caravan arrives just in time for...

Fuck.

Adil rushes out to engage the goblins and is immediately stabbed through the stomach and engulfed in a writhing mass of axemen.
In the meantime, Realmdude notices something shiny on the edge of the map and heads to investigate. (I seriously have no idea what he was doing)

By the time he returns, another of the champions and most of the redshirts have fallen to the invading goblins. Together with his fellow champion he begins to purge the land of the goblins, only stopping to name his sword.

The final losses of the battle are three champions, ten random conscripts, and eleven dwarves that ran out to pick up someones equipment I forgot to forbid.

At least it's over, time to bury the dead and-

What?
Fuck

YOU THINK YOU CAN SCARE ME?

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »

Only halfway through winter, still:
We're going to need more coffins.

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

We should have enough coffins to bury the entire dwarven race.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2011, 04:19:34 pm »

Winter:

Tantrum spiral! I would type out something about how babies are being born into this crap and people are dying of thirst from melancholy, but nah. Instead have a picture of Khenals new (probably permanent) home.

It's still ongoing into spring, but so far we've lost over one hundred dwarves. Quite a few of which seem to be because of Realmfighters ongoing crusade to rid us of emos tantrum throwers.

Final stocks for 557:

Current named dwarf status:
Norrec - Dead
Dhza - Haunting the living room
Drak - Still hanging out in the lava
Khenal - Resting in the hospital (See above)
Blaktea - In a prison cell with a broken hand for punching Realmfighter. (Seriously, what were you thinking?)
Dyg - Grabbing food for someone in the hospital
Realmfighter - Running through the halls screaming "CRUSHKILLMAIMDESTROY"!

We should have enough coffins to bury the entire dwarven race.

We're almost there.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

Anyhow, go to the end of what would be your year.
Screw that, I'm finishing at the end of spring before this fortress tosses another invasion at me.

Spring:
Allow me to say this. What the hell RNG? Are you trying to make up for Blakteas turn? Two ambushes within seconds of each other?

At least we have realmdude, guy one hit killed everything and then went back to get a drink.

and then the elves arrive and walk into another ambush...

I'm not even going to bother recording this crap. I think the game is just fucking with me.
Allow me to give you a matter of perspective
Notice how many kills he had before the year 557?

Also, we have ANOTHER artifact

and the final stocks report

Summer 558 save
We've still got a few tantrum throwers running around, but they should shut up or die off fairly soon. We also need to train the military. Realmdude might be broken, but he needs backup.

Also, I want to point out that I survived two goblin sieges, three 8x goblin ambushes at the same time, and a tantrum spiral within one year while managing to actually clean up the fortress. This game is too easy.

Edit: Just noticed while looking around, we have two orphan babies
We don't have an adoption agency do we?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:05:56 pm by Dyg »

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »

Hey, with a whole myriad of things going on right now I'm going to have to ask to be removed from the list. Thanks a lot for the opportunity though!

Oh sorry to leave right as my turn came up. I thought I had more time. I would have said so sooner if I-

Sorry again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:05:07 pm by slathazer »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2011, 10:29:37 pm »

Damn. . .   I mean damn. . . NOW I HAS TO PLAY AGAIN TO GET A NEW DWARF.  Damn you all, you should have fulfilled my mandates.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »

I love how I died right after my turn ended. In Realmfighter's second sentence even.
Also, could someone redorf me as another miner?

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2011, 10:42:44 pm »

Damn you all, you should have fulfilled my mandates.

It's not my fault you kept asking for clear glass and nickel silver crap. Though the "Has witnessed death, has lost a friend, has been yelled at, has sustained injuries, has been disgusted by miasma and has been unhappy lately" parts might have helped tip the scales. You were actually the first person to tantrum, so I'm blaming you for your own death.

On the bright side, you were the only named dwarf that died in my turn. Although khenal probably wishes they had.

I love how I died right after my turn ended. In Realmfighter's second sentence even.
Also, could someone redorf me as another miner?

What, you don't want to RP a ghost? Come on man! HAUNT THAT LAVA!

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:18 am »

Bleaktea - In a prison cell with a broken hand for punching Realmfighter. (Seriously, what were you thinking?)

Probably that the safest place to ride this out would be in a quiet corner with a door that locks.  I admit there are easier ways to achieve this than throwing a punch at the mentally unstable Robocop, though.

P.S.  And your screenshot of the tomb level made me realize that I screwed up the symmetry when I built it.  Somehow that bothers me more than anything else.

"Sir ... we've lost a hundred dwarves."
"Yes, fine, but these COFFINS are UNEVEN.  Langgud's toes, that is going to bother me ALL DAY."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:55:56 am by Bleaktea »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13