Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort ((Looking for peeps))  (Read 12715 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WeatheredCastle: A noobish attempt at a succession fort
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:17 pm »

That is RealmFighter's sense of humor, he likes to act like an arrogant jerk.  Check his recent community fort, it's just how he is.  I know him, he isn't actually insulting any of you, he's just playing a character.  Also no worries I'll message you when it is your turn.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:34:35 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »

Donoma's turn now.  Spaghetti has informed me he can no longer take his turn due to real life concerns.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 06:00:15 am »

Sorry all. I'll still take a hand in the fort if it lasts long enough.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »

Hey... You didn't add me to the list!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:32 pm »

Hey... You didn't add me to the list!
My bad.  You are on now.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »

I don't suppose I'd be able to sign up for another turn if we last long enough?

Donoma

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »

Starting my turn now.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »

Sweet.  I was hoping it was just his sense of humor.  Good luck Donoma; if things are half has hectic as Realmfighter made if sound, you'll need it :)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

Waiting too long, Wypie, are you able to play a turn in WeatheredCastle?

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2011, 10:11:22 am »

Ugh i dont think i can with school and all that shiz im sorry guys.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:07:19 am by wypie »

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2011, 02:05:00 pm »

Then it's up to me.  Picking up the file now - should have some kind of update later today.  I was going to sit and the couch and play DF all afternoon anyway, it might as well be this fort!

I've been having trouble posting to DFFD (no verification email for my account) so when I post the file it will probably be on Spideroak or something.

Ok!  To Weatheredcastle!

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2011, 08:27:02 pm »

{ Excerpts from the journal of Bleaktea Akrulnakas, Royal Architect. }

Granite 1st, 556

In a final outburst of wild invective, the Tyrant's reign has ended.  He's gone back to taking out his frustration on training dummies and the occasional goblin, and the fortress turns to me for guidance.

This place is little more than a hole in the ground where we survive; a cave with tables.  My hope is that I will set it on the path to being a true mountainhome, a palace fit for a king; for the king who will come.  For thirty years we have been without a ruler, fractured into city-states run by local barons; dwarves without vision.  Before I die I will see a King Under the Mountain again, and this place will be his throne.  I swear it.

{ Folded in between the pages are cloth and charcoal rubbings of the artifact mechanism Kar Irid, the Dimenson of Rhythms.  Particular attention has been paid to the decorations showing the crowning of dwarven kings. }

Granite 2nd

Okay first I will have to figure out what's going on around here.  Perhaps I should have done a little more exploring.  There's several passages down into the caverns, but they all seem to be outside the fortress - it's time for something a little more robust.  Also, our "tombs" appear to be little more than a giant pile of skeletons in stone boxes in a hall somewhere.  Are we burying these people, or just storing them for later?  I'll have to fix that.

Oh, and there's goblin crossbowmen in the hills above the courtyard, raining arrows down on us.  That can't be good.

Nevermind, problem solved.

Granite 4th,

There's a goblin lasher down in the Langgud trap... he keeps stepping in the traps, but then dodges them.  I think at this point we're just training him.  Nobody will cross the bridge because they can see him down there and apparently it's scary.  Assuming he dies at some point, we'll need to modify the pit a bit to handle tenacious prisoners.  For the moment I've closed the bridge and decided to ignore him; out of sight, out of mind.

Granite 22nd,

I can barely move for all the damn puppies everywhere.  The dining room is like a kennel.  Oh well - our war dogs will blot out the sun.

Twenty-three migrants just arrived, among them a new cook, butcher, and clothier.  So they could be useful.

Slate 3rd,

That goblin still isn't dead.  You'd think the smell of rotting troll would have killed him by now.  I may have to flood the trap somehow.

Felsite 18th,

Elves are here.  I considered impaling them with spears and letting their fluffy druid masters wonder what happened to them, but instead I just traded a few bowls of stew for an entire forest's worth of wood.

Hematite 15th,

Most of our dwarves are homeless at the moment, so I'm trying to dig new bedrooms.  This may be a hole in the ground, but it will at least be a hole where everyone gets their own cabinet.  I'm also attempting a massive cleanup of all this stone lying around.  Mostly to give the hundred idlers something to do with their time.

Goblin is still not dead.  His name is Aspuz.  We'll see how good a swimmer he is later.

Hematite 23rd,

A woodcrafter has just been possessed.  I expect this to be a total waste of time.

Malachite 2nd,

Oh look, a pine bracelet.  It menaces with spikes of useless and is encircled with bands of who gives a - hm, it also shows the crowning of Queen Beltlenses in 74.  Maybe I will take a closer look.  This is the second time someone has been possessed by a spirit obsessed with dwarven royalty.

Limestone 27th,
Autumn begins.  Nothing interesting from the humans, other than more wood and a huge, hideous, slithering pile of animal organs which I immediately handed over to the cooks and tried to forget about.  I'll be eating plump helmets for a little while after seeing that.  Kidneys make this horrible "plurp" noise when you drop several of them at once, apparently.

I've expanded the tombs somewhat and added at least fifty rooms to the residential levels.  Our steel industry is finally moving now that I have found a source of marble that isn't infested with troglodytes, and the mayor now gets his very own office instead of having to wander the corridors looking tired and forlorn.  I believe I will finally have time now to turn my attention to my own projects.

P.S.  Aspuz lives.

(( Autumn update and more tomorrow probably, unless I end up doing it tonight instead. ))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:33:04 pm by Bleaktea »

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »

You have to pull the lever to the left of the trap room bridge to lower it and get at the goblin. Just make sure you have someone stationed outside when you do, and not in the path of the bridge like I just did. (That drawbridge really should open to the other direction.)
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Bleaktea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2011, 10:12:13 pm »

You have to pull the lever to the left of the trap room bridge to lower it and get at the goblin. Just make sure you have someone stationed outside when you do, and not in the path of the bridge like I just did. (That drawbridge really should open to the other direction.)

I thought about that, but at this point that goblin's been sitting in there getting the equivalent of six months of danger room training.  He can just die in that little box.  ... assuming goblins can actually gain xp, I didn't check on that.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »

lol, I like this actually took a re-read for me to find the line "Our War Dogs will blot out the sun."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13