Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Farm Crop  (Read 420 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing Farm Crop
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:27:00 am »

I had a farm plot, and it was having Cave Wheat planted in it.
Then I discovered I needed more Plumb Helmets, so I changed the crop to Plumb Helmet.
After a while, I checked the farm (using T) and discovered that they were still planting Cave Wheat in it. So I chose 'Leave Fallow' so they could concentrate on the farm plots which had Plumb Helmets in it, but for some reason they continued to plant (Cave Wheat) there.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Farm Crop
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:44:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Haedrian:
<STRONG>After a while, I checked the farm (using T) and discovered that they were still planting Cave Wheat in it. So I chose 'Leave Fallow' so they could concentrate on the farm plots which had Plumb Helmets in it, but for some reason they continued to plant (Cave Wheat) there.</STRONG>

Are you sure it wasn't the cave wheat from before?

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 06:08:00 am »

I was seeing growers ON the field working, and I'm talking about 2 (game) months of work...

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:39:00 am »

The plant seeds jobs for that plot had likely already been queued.  Changing the settings for the plot don't actually change the already queued job.  It would be nice to have that change.

If I recall correctly you can order a plot to be removed.  Doing that will clear the queued jobs, then stop the removal and change the settings to what you want.  After a little bit the new jobs will queue up.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Veroule:
<STRONG>If I recall correctly you can order a plot to be removed.  Doing that will clear the queued jobs, then stop the removal and change the settings to what you want.  After a little bit the new jobs will queue up.</STRONG>

Was considering that, but I don't want to throw away the stuff which is already growing there...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Haedrian:
<STRONG>

Was considering that, but I don't want to throw away the stuff which is already growing there...</STRONG>

It's not thrown away, anything that has been planted will grow.