Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: game year wrong!  (Read 444 times)

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
game year wrong!
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:45:00 am »

I've noticed that in some games I'll be in the second year but when I go to the Z screen it says it's 1057 or some such year... I first noticed this when loading an old game actually... going what the heck??? I only played through one winter how could it be 1057 hehe... I haven't seen it lately and all my old saves got wiped accidently  :(

Just wondering if my system lags so bad that the year outpaces the actual time played somehow lol (doubt it because game has yet to use more than 23% of my CPU but possible.)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: game year wrong!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 11:49:00 am »

If you've played adventure mode, or other fortresses on the same world, this could cause this.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »

As long as you are using the same region, the date advances forward with every game you play.

As an example, your first game starts in 1050.   If you abandon that fortress in 1055, and then start a new fortress, it will be 1056.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »

quote:
As long as you are using the same region

You probably wanted to say "same world".  :)

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 08:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by karnot:
<STRONG>
You probably wanted to say "same world".   :)</STRONG>

Erm, yeah, what he said  ;)

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 05:29:00 am »

actually it was the first fortress in that world... I expect it when I have to abandon and recover hehe... was just an odd glitch I noticed and meant to put in my glitches post but forgot about it when I actually went to report it then :P

I haven't seen it happen again though but then again I haven't kept with a fortress for more than 18 "months" since either :/ kinda getting frustrated with things lately and started having crash problems that I don't think are related to the game but to conflicts with my system (that's overdue for a reformat anyway sigh!)