Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: POV: A Goblin Seige (story)  (Read 3409 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: POV: A Goblin Seige (story)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:09 pm »

And it bugs me that I HAVE watched Labyrinth. XD
heh, it's hard to remember that's where our goblins come from, what with the smallish humanoid with green skin description and all.
it's much like how i still think of kobolds as small dog-lizard people.  too many years of D&D indoctrination =D
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

Um, are you certain that's what our goblins are like? I mean, has it been said by Toady or Threetoe?
...I haven't seen the movie, but I had a pretty clear picture of goblins in my head already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 01:14:14 pm »

Um, are you certain that's what our goblins are like? I mean, has it been said by Toady or Threetoe?
...I haven't seen the movie, but I had a pretty clear picture of goblins in my head already.

According to the wiki at least, goblins have a much more primative take on most ethics, so my interpetation is a little...loose. Apparently the kobolds do have hints of ethics that might better fit the POV I wrote.

Though again, the ethics system for the game apparently was introduced in a later version, while I'm playing the old 2D one.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 [2]