Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civil war?  (Read 1488 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
Civil war?
« on: August 06, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »

I spawned as a human, got a task, kill a troglodite, all good. killed him and traveled to a bunch of vilages and a city in the nort area of the map. first village is empty, second too, and third, and forth. I was half expecting the city to also be dead when I reached it. I was wrong.

FIrst thing I did when spawning was entering a house. It was ocupied with three elf adults, one of them a axeman (?) and two children. First I was kinda relieved it wasen't empty, but when I started to take some steps to try and talk with one of them, they all started killing each other (the children againsh the adults actualy)! I could talk to them and managed to report the news of the troglodite to a children, even though the adults didnt have the option to (maybe they were of another civ?)

I left the hut and entred another to see the same madness, and another to find a single elf child amidst a assorted amound of bodyes and body parts of some 3 other elves (this creepd me out, the children was like "Hello Human"). Entred a shop close by and found a elf swordsman and two childs (apparently the proprietors) wo appeared friendly to each other (for once) and proply recruited the swordsman. First thing he did leaving the store was murder two elves who were fleeing close by.

So now im basicaly stuck in a town full of rampaging-but-otherwise-friendly elves with a crasy elf companion with metal sword (again, what?) and with nothing to do but apreciate the hippie madness (I suspect the humans got them metal weapons (especialy boning knives ) and some strange FB's extract and passed it out as medicine and needles).

Sounds like a good reason for popcorn!
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:32:04 pm »

I demand further reports on the situation.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:40:59 pm »

Well, I was doing what anyone would do and go around watching the carnage (my elf companion is beind me, busy clearing entire houses of elves) and nigth came. I went inside a house and asked the owner if I could sleep in that bed composed of corpses of two elves and a couple of limbs and biles of blood, which he agreed (this was before he was killed by my companion btw). I sleept and I am now whatching the carnage again. A shame this isent the next version, or there would be shitloads of elf bodies and limbs pilled up all around the streets, not just inside the huts.

Seriously, theres ardly any house which isent covered in the blood and limbs of at least on elf! The first "clean" house I found was a weapons shop hironicaly.

My companion says his profession is "Wandering the wilds" and that he has taken down six elves while stalking "raunchlimped" (which I have no idea who or what it is, someting to check on later I guess). He also says he killed several elves with name, so I guess his killcount is actualy larger (I certainly saw him killing more than six)

/EDIT: Hum... My companion just died and I got a report success option on the same group of elves that killed him. Connection?

/EDIT part2: SO, I went into another bloodied weapons shop with the corpses of atleast some 3 elves and a single child in the middle. So I was like "I want to trade with you", and she was like "You'l have to speak with someone older" O.o
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:59:25 pm by Mobotium »

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »

Wait a town of mass slaughter of mostly elves? This must be the most dwarven town in existence!
Blargh.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Export and upload your save so we can all enjoy the elf slaughtering town?

And possibly conduct some !!SCIENCE!! to determine the cause and how, if possible, to replicate it?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 06:28:47 pm »

BY the sound of it, it sounds like worldgen shenanigans caused a loyalty cascade.
1) Elven civ and a human civ fight
2) Human civ beats the elven civ slowly, taking elven settlements and using the prisoners as soldiers(?)
3) Elven soldiers fight their former countrymen, marking them as against each other, entity-wise
4) Human civ ultimately wins
5)Worldgen smooths over the entity relations (elves which are a part of the civ but have entity grudges against each other)
6) Your adventurer steps in and triggers a loyalty cascade
7)Elf limbs everywhere

The above is just a hypothesis, but nice find.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:02:59 am »

Who was this mysterious Raunchlimped?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 01:11:59 am »

Who was this mysterious Raunchlimped?

Oh, that was probably the name of the town or the region.  If you have a normal companion, they'll say "It was I who killed etcetera in the hills of whatever" or "I have slain #ty whatevers while stalking whereever" or so.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:47:55 am »

Yup, I backed up the save and exported legends.

/On Raunchlimped/

Raunchlimped was a town of the "windy confederacy" , a human civ who appear to have been atacked constantly and with a large amound of success by a elf civilization, the "Wings of Adventuring", in 48. Eventualy, another elf civ started a war, this time "the twinkiling twiligth", in 64. Around 94, these atacks seem to have stoped.

On 144 the "wings of adventuring" atack again, and begin a new stream of victories. Around 154 they begin to be atacked by a goblin civ, "the Armoured vice".

In 195, several humans starve to death in the city, theres also recordings of an elf, his name is Bestra Bathedchances. The folowing decades see several records of elves returning to the city. One of these is Minat Ghostsnaks. Its also around this time that dwarves begin atacking the city. Though the keep facing the "windy confederacy", the deffenders seem to always be elves.

The next years seem to be mostly peacefull, salve the common ciclops, minotaur, dwarf and goblin atacks, and see many new elves getting professions in the city. In 391 theres a massive famine, and many starve to death. All elves now.

The next centuries alternate bettwen great famines and massive imigration, noting much appens salve a few abductions.

And in the end, we have some seven pages of elves killing elves.

/On the Windy Conffederacy/

They appear a mostly normal human civ untill in 196, in the middle of several wars with elves and goblins, a elf becomes the general. His name is Bestra Bathedchances. He is dead not much later (from hunguer I presume) and another elf is appointed in 197. This one is Purog Clawslows.Another elf comes in 211.

The elfish domination appears complete when, in 235, the elf Anthath Domaincoil becomes the queen of the civilization (I can only assume they were assimilated by then).

After that, the elves seem to destroy their enemies completly in batles, though they keep atacking elf civs.

Its of notice that at the end theres records of many elves becoming enemies of the civ.

/On Bestra Bathedchances/

His legends only tell of his rise to general and death by starvation. I have to assume that the elves had already assimilated the civ by then, as theres no records of him ever being a prisioner.

/On Purog Clawslows/

His records show his rise to general and some jorneys were he tamed grizzly bears and moose.
On 207 raunchlimped was atacked by another elf civ and he defended the city, dying because of a grizzly bear, but killing some 114 elves and some 27 other bears. His records show him killing a dwarf and a human also in the city.

Its of nothe that the two personages I just mentioned blonged both to the "windy confederacies" and the "wings of adventure"

From this I can only believe that somehow, the humans got dumped by a elf civ which was at war with other elf civ's and that there was a concentrated amound of elves of difrent civs in the town. Il look better onto it.

About the save, sure, I can post it, but I warn you thats eavly mooded (wich may or not have had a say in what happened)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:49:56 am by Mobotium »

Alhash

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFFORTRESS_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 05:32:24 pm »

On 207 raunchlimped was atacked by another elf civ and he defended the city, dying because of a grizzly bear, but killing some 114 elves and some 27 other bears. His records show him killing a dwarf and a human also in the city.

114 Elves!!!
He must be the reincarnation of Cacame or guided by the hand of Armok or somethin'!

Maybe I should play this world, and edit the raws so this general can appear in engravings and such. The dwarves would love the elf on elf genocide.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 05:43:57 pm »

Hum, it wouldent be the same considering he was figthing for the elves againsh the elves...

Either way, I dont seem to have the save anymore (its probably in the garbage folder, but unless someone realy whants it Id rather not check the +/- 97 region 1 files I have there for the rigth one.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:24:06 pm »

post the save! this is a must see! *pulls out camera*
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 05:47:24 am »

Okay, found it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4863

It appears to be the save of the adventurer who actualy saw this first hand. Most of the elves in that side of the river seem dead, but   the other side may have some more to see.