Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: INTERACTIONS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12790 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
INTERACTIONS!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:14:49 pm »

I am super excited that toady ia adding (giz in my pants) interactions for adventurers!!!!

Being a necromancer sounds bad ass and i can't wait to see what kind of stuff deon can do with this.

as the adv community we should discuss how awesome (or funny) this is.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIONS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »

Yes, I am very excited about this as well. If I could animate the corpses of my foes as zombie servants, that would certainly get rid of the trouble of having to hire expendables companions at the fortresses.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »

Anybody else want to slaughter bandit camps only to animate all of the limbs?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:18:05 pm »

One possible implication is the ability for modders to implement player spellcasting.

You put on your +Rope Reed Robe+ and *Cave Spider Silk Wizard Hat*!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:07:31 am »

Yeah, I'm mostly excited for the modding possibilities it'll open up. (Not that animating my own severed limb wouldn't kick ass, mind.)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:26:44 am »

I'm more excited for the modding possibilities, but once this update comes out I intend to start playing (and modding) dwarf fortress again. Kinda got bored of it lately, even with the godliness that is Legends of the Forlorn Realms.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

I might actually go to the trouble of learning how to mod so I can mod in wierd stuff. The first thing that comes to mind is a mermaids' curse. A mermaid kisses you, you get dragged into the sea and become a mermaid! Like on the new pirates movie!

Or driders, or...I don't know. Whatever wierd stuff I can think up. Perhaps I'll just see if I can use a werewolf/df hack/adventure mode to recreate beauty and the beast.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:00 pm »

I'm actually modding the raw files to let my adventurer make leather clothing, armor, packs and quivers, simple wooden weapons and ammunition, and stone daggers.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: Interactions!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:24:19 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:42:26 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 03:00:37 pm »

I might actually go to the trouble of learning how to mod so I can mod in wierd stuff. The first thing that comes to mind is a mermaids' curse. A mermaid kisses you, you get dragged into the sea and become a mermaid! Like on the new pirates movie!

Or driders, or...I don't know. Whatever wierd stuff I can think up. Perhaps I'll just see if I can use a werewolf/df hack/adventure mode to recreate beauty and the beast.

Holy crap, this is quite sig-worthy.

Ofc, I'm not gonna sig it because I already have a quote  :P

Aaanyway, I'm really looking forward to immediately exploiting interactions and wrestling. Grand Master Wrestler/Necromancer is going to be really OP in this next release :D 8)
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:12 am »

Well I'm going to chop my hand off and reanimate it. Then I slap people with my reanimated hand whilst it pinches their jugular! Then I shall make it a buddy cop film and make millions!!!
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:35 am »

Well I'm going to chop my hand off and reanimate it. Then I slap people with my reanimated hand whilst it pinches their jugular!

This is why we should allow self mutilation, imagine cutting both your hands off, arm them and go on a giant eye-gouging, limb-ripping, nose-pinching rampage!
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 11:55:02 am »

Yes, self mutilation! Now I can perform necromantic feats of amazery! Like being a one-man theater performer! I will start with Shakespeare!
*Lops head off and re-animates*
Alas, poor me! A man of infinit-
You have died.
This space for rent

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 12:57:42 pm »

Hmm, now my fortress killing adventurers won't be killed off by bogeymen, since i'll have undead companions!
Blargh.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:10 pm »

Hmm, now my fortress killing adventurers won't be killed off by bogeymen, since i'll have undead companions!
Or you can make a new adventurer and have that dead one be his undead companion ad infinitum.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4