Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76231 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:17 am »

^ Fixed, anyone else?

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2011, 07:13:47 am »

Just a note, the teams aren't "frozen" until the 21st (IIRC).  You can move people around etc. until then.  And all points earned before someone is added to a team WILL count after they are added.  That is, the final scores for a clan are the individual (clan) scores of each person that ends up on the team.  So we still have some time to finalize things.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:50 am »

Who's the leader of the soapers?

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2011, 07:20:43 am »

Actually, I'm utterly astonished by how people play so fast - all my wins have taken at least 20 hours, and I don't really see how I could have gone any faster without just closing my eyes and mashing keys.

Autoexplore, Autotravel (Ctrl+g), Find (Ctrl+f), those make the game a LOT faster, especially online (since it mean less interactions with server). But when I said "usually" I meant offline, there's a significant delay online (which may be for the best since it forces me to play a little bit more carefully).

Also, I read the tournament rules and some of the banners seem very fun (and hard)

Vehumet wants you to LET IT END IN HELLFIRE and thus encourages you to enter one of Swamp, Snake, Shoals, Slime, Vaults, and Tomb for the first time and get the rune there... all after having picked up the Orb of Zot.

Kikubaaqudgha wants players to demonstrate their mastery over the forces of darkness without delay, and will recognise any player who wins without wasting time entering any branch as a LORD OF DARKNESS. (+40 points for each game won without entering Temple, Lair, Orc, Hive, or the Vaults.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:12:43 am by Alg »

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2011, 10:07:36 am »

im sorry if this has been posted before, but im just wondering aloud so im prepared starting tomorrow,

is there anything else i need to do to setup to play for the team other than log into ssh and play? would be helpful to have a list of things one needs to do if they are signed up and on a team. if i missed this somewhere in the thread, my apologies!

im psyched to crawl on the bay 12 team, been practicing too!

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2011, 10:11:32 am »

I put this into the options file:

Code: [Select]
# TEAMNAME Bay12_Masons
# TEAMMEMBERS VogonPoet StToaster lerugray acehawk akhier

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2011, 10:12:50 am »

Also, I read the tournament rules and some of the banners seem very fun (and hard)

... point me to those rules, please.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2011, 10:14:11 am »

I'll take 3rd Brewer for teh lulz and difficulty in being actively present. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2011, 10:22:43 am »

im sorry if this has been posted before, but im just wondering aloud so im prepared starting tomorrow,

is there anything else i need to do to setup to play for the team other than log into ssh and play? would be helpful to have a list of things one needs to do if they are signed up and on a team. if i missed this somewhere in the thread, my apologies!

im psyched to crawl on the bay 12 team, been practicing too!

Yes, you need to edit the options file.
You can find the options file by ssh-ing to crawl.akrasiac.org, selecting the "Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.9" option, and pressing 'o' to edit options. Crawl 0.9 isn't actually on CAO yet, but hopefully will be before the tournament starts. :P In the options file, team members need to add the line
# TEAMCAPTAIN nameofcaptainto the top. The team captain needs to add
# TEAMNAME nameofteam
# TEAMMEMBERS player1 player2 player3 player4 player5
to the file. The team captain has no other responsibilities, but may optionally hold an inspirational speech for his team.

... point me to those rules, please.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/tourney11/index.html

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2011, 10:27:33 am »

Have we got a captain for recruits? If not I volunteer.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:08 am »

thanks Soadreqm! its appreciated!

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:54 am »

Since I've already kind of made preparations I'd be willing to take the official captain spot for the Recruits.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2011, 10:42:21 am »

This is just so I have a reminder to myself to do first thing in the morning (just in case theres a reset of some sort of the servers).
#TEAMNAME Bay12_Peasants
#TEAMMEMBERS du3lingdragon comrade abculatter_2 Nuthulu Detonate

Okay I think I've correctly added the above. Has it been confirmed yet that playing on webtiles works for the tourney?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:13 am »

Since I've already kind of made preparations I'd be willing to take the official captain spot for the Recruits.

Fine with me.

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2011, 11:02:24 am »

Cool, thanks drakale and Un67. I made Un67 the official captain on the list.

If any Miners, Engravers, Soapers, Haulers or Brewers want to take on the responsibility of managing their team's member list in their CAO config file, let us know and I'll put the big C by your name on the list. Currently defaulting to: RexNex, Kav, Cheeseh, ardesh, and Richard/Sir Archibald, any of whom can let me know if they don't want to be captain.

ed: Do y'all think we should start another beginner team, or just add newcomers to Woodcutters and Brewers as they arrive?

edit again: I see huhu has prepared his config lines too, so that's handled. thanks huhu!

edit again: huhu, VogonPoet's username is vogonpoetB12... also note that all you captains will have to update the files again after the tourney starts, because your options file will be reset to default for the new version. (right?)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:06:58 am by Taxus »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44