Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76112 times)

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:14 am »

ugh webtiles is still down

if i start a CAO game, will it get rid of my tiles game? getting anxious.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:43 am »

CAO and CDO games are separate, at least, so webtiles should be the same way.

Also, a hydra ate my cat, so no more on that.  Bleh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:07 am »

I don't think so. AFAIK, the only problem is that if you start 2 characters on different servers and win both it will not count as a streak.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:19 am »

I don't think so. AFAIK, the only problem is that if you start 2 characters on different servers and win both it will not count as a streak.

that should be fine, ive never had a win, ill just have some fun with a SpCk  :D

EDIT: looks like its working now! yes!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:49:58 am by lerugray »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »

Just cleared Lair and found a nice artifact ring. Summon shadow creature is hit or miss in the Lair as you could summon a many headed hydra but your just as likely to summon a bat but I found myself using it because when it hit, it was excellent and the chance was also to get a swarm of creatures which even if weak where a good wall at least. I also got a lot of books for some reason. Which spells should I now learn?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2011, 03:39:56 pm »

You need repel missiles, ASAP.

Throw icicle wouldn't hurt, and you've got access to both demonic horde (sexy) and haunt (incredibly sexy, if you can around the sickness -- the randart sustAB ring you're wearing prevents sickness stat drain, so you're probably fine, there.).

For later on, regeneration meshes well with swiftness (hit swift, back until open space, hit regen, back further until healed), and poisonous cloud synergizes well with stuff like summon ice beast or call imp (demonic horde to a lesser degree -- it can summon 5s that aren't poison resistant.). Anything summonable with rPois, basically. Like haunt :P

That sustain ring will also let you cast summon horrible things without the risk of int loss, I think. If you can get that castable with any reliability, you've got a helluva weapon in it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:44:31 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2011, 05:11:11 pm »

Ettin + Great Mace of Holy Wrath > Level 13 Ghoul Gladiator

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2011, 06:55:15 pm »

I just got my first rune of the tourney in the snake pits! although once i grabbed it i cant seem to find it in my inventory. should i be panicing?

where should i go for the next rune? im thinking the bottom floor of the vaults.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2011, 07:12:57 pm »

runes are tracked outside of the inventory; don't panic.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 22, 2011, 07:18:07 pm »

runes are tracked outside of the inventory; don't panic.

phew! thanks!

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »

swamp is prolly easier than vaults almost regardless of the character type... altho you prolly need to do both to win anyways

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »

swamp is prolly easier than vaults almost regardless of the character type... altho you prolly need to do both to win anyways

unfortunately no swamp was spawned in my game, not sure what i should do, tried the crypt and made it all the way down but there was no rune there. just gonna run around the dungeon some more, i went to the bottom of the vault and its just surrounded by vault guards, really terrifying

EDIT: my game just ended in tragedy, but it is the best ive ever done with 2 runes and a level 20 character! yay! http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.9/lerugray/morgue-lerugray-20110823-032622.txt
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:32:55 pm by lerugray »

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 22, 2011, 10:57:03 pm »

btw shoals 5 is really hard :P

congrats on your first two runes!

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 23, 2011, 05:02:05 am »

Shoals 5 is considerably harder than Shoals 4 but is not that bad is you have Swiftness+Flight and preferably Repel Missile too. Poisonous cloud helps a lot too (actually it's awesome against pretty much any enemy not poison resistant). It is certainly a lot harder that Snake5 and Swamp5 but Vault8 is much nastier imo.

The main problems there are merfolk javelineers, which hurt a lot, and mermaid/siren and their damn mersemerize. If you get mersemerized, and have no way to easily kill the cause of that (again, poisonous cloud helps tremendously, being smite-targeted), immediately start a teleport. As always, the key is to fight as few enemies as possible simultaneously, which can be difficult because of the open layout of Shoals levels.

Without spells, Shoals5 is really a pain though, lots of stair-dancing and teleporting might be necessary.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:04:25 am by Alg »

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 23, 2011, 06:26:39 am »

btw shoals 5 is really hard :P

congrats on your first two runes!

Thanks! i was proud of myself, still have some time to try for my frist win before the end!
Shoals 5 is considerably harder than Shoals 4 but is not that bad is you have Swiftness+Flight and preferably Repel Missile too. Poisonous cloud helps a lot too (actually it's awesome against pretty much any enemy not poison resistant). It is certainly a lot harder that Snake5 and Swamp5 but Vault8 is much nastier imo.

The main problems there are merfolk javelineers, which hurt a lot, and mermaid/siren and their damn mersemerize. If you get mersemerized, and have no way to easily kill the cause of that (again, poisonous cloud helps tremendously, being smite-targeted), immediately start a teleport. As always, the key is to fight as few enemies as possible simultaneously, which can be difficult because of the open layout of Shoals levels.

Without spells, Shoals5 is really a pain though, lots of stair-dancing and teleporting might be necessary.

Yeah im regretting not staying closer to the stairs. i was trying just use control teleport to get to the rune and nothing else as i did in the vaults (and avoided like 40 vault guards.) hopefully in my next game the swamp will just generate instead :D
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44