Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Permanant Seige?  (Read 1447 times)

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Permanant Seige?
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:17:04 am »

After a few aggressive sieges that I beat by the traditional tactic of 'walling up and waiting till they get bored', I seem to have hit a rather nasty bug. There was a very powerful war-leader who refused to leave along with his troops one siege. Since I needed traders and wasn't averse to a small bout of cheating, I used Runesmith to kill him. However, the siege didn't lift. It hasn't lifted for about three years now, although many other armies have tried to attack and been killed by my newly trained army. Is there a way to forcibly lift sieges, or am I hopelessly bugged?

Aiyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Permanant Seige?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:59 am »

Kill 'em all?
Sarchasm, Noun (Sar-Kaz-Im)
Definition: The gulf between your smartass comment, and the poor bastard that just doesn't get it.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:57:47 am »

Is he on a flying mount?

I had one where he was on a flying mount and couldn't path to anything. Use runesmith to kill the flying mount and then turn off 'rider' tag from the boss guy.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:15:32 am »

Using Runesmith to kill the leader was your downfall. The goblins in the band do not recognize that he is officially dead. So they hang around, in a sort of limbo.
 Since Runesmith got you into this mess, use it to get you out of it. Look and see if the invader tag for the loitering goblins is checked. If not check it. Experiment.
 Besiegers seem to behave like caravan guards, with their leader being a merchant they are to protect.
Make sure that there are no oddities in the tags for the goblins that will not leave. If there is, tinker with the tag settings.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:33:12 am »

Runesmith crashes every now and then, so save before you do anything with it. Of course, if you saved before you killed the leader than you could just open up task manager and close dwarf fortress.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »

Kill them, you elf.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »

From the Runesmith thread:

Quote from: bertieb on April 12, 2011, 03:13:45 pm

Quote from: Eldrick Tobin on April 12, 2011, 03:06:07 pm

Feature Request: (Sensible Section)

Sometime In The Future... an update to the Shiny Nuke Button that removes the siege flags as well.

This would be quite handy. Is there a way to do it manually currently?

You have to unset the following:
Active Invader (sets if they are just about the invade, as Currently Invading removes this one)
Hidden Ambusher (Just in Case, however it is still set when an Active Invader)
Hidden in Ambush (Just in Case, however it is still set when an Active Invader, until discovery)
Incoming
Invader -Fleeing/Leaving
Currently Invading

To Grease Them:
Dead (sets them to dead and removes them from the map. if you miss-click and save... just unset and save and poof life.)
Killed (Seems to just remove the upper torso... which being out of game isn't totally fatal x.X they'll just stay on the map... from the waist down.)

Per creature invading.

In order to test this someone would have to have something like the Fortress Defense Mod. I have a BROKEN siege currently... not QUITE sure which siege plastered the SIEGE banner for all time. Good Luck anyone who tries this.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

Shoulda magma'd him.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 02:48:10 am »

Or built a Catapult on the other side of the map from them and then politely give them some of your extra rocks.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<